advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Over in Sheffield an arguably much less surprising result than it looks on screen. Anyone who has watched any of Fergie Juniors four periods at Posh will understand that he has never yet built a decent defence. All his teams are especially vulnerable to teams which just have a go and find specific ways to stop their often very attractive attacking football.

At 2-0 down Posh should have been absolutely tearing at Wednesday but in the second half they had barely a chance and the writing was on the wall. Arguably only tiredness stopped Wednesday finishing them off in extra time. Great drama. Absolutely chuffed for Darren Moore. Poorly treated by WBA and a very decent man and, again, good manager. Not sure I agree @PaulM that justice was done. The play offs are not about justice. If justice was what was needed then you’d not have play offs. You’d just promote more teams. It’s the possibility of doing a Posh and getting a play off place on the very last day of the season which which reduces dead rubbers at the business end of the season and the fact that a huge points gap then means nothing which brings the jeopardy and drama.

Well done to Wednesday, incredible achievement. Got a bit of a soft spot for Marvin Johnson, it didn’t quite work out for him at Boro but he always gave his all, he seems to have found his feet at Wednesday.

Cheers BB

52912317786_b75d5e36d1_b.jpg

Nice to see Forest stay up, so much for the nay sayer's who had them relegated on day one of the season.

The boy is over the moon!

Glad Forest stay up. Glad City can’t celebrate properly. Reminds me of Liverpool and Utd in days gone by: nobody cares if City win.

They say that football goes in cycles but I don't see much prospect of City being knocked off their perch anytime soon.
A great effort by Arsenal for three quarters of the season but ultimately they've fallen well short with only 3 wins in their last 9 matches.
Both Newcastle & Arsenal face the added complication/pressure of CL football next season - I can't see where the challenge is coming from.

They say that football goes in cycles but I don't see much prospect of City being knocked off their perch anytime soon.
A great effort by Arsenal for three quarters of the season but ultimately they've fallen well short with only 3 wins in their last 9 matches.
Both Newcastle & Arsenal face the added complication/pressure of CL football next season - I can't see where the challenge is coming from.
Was just thinking this. They’ve just joined the exclusive 3 star club but I can see them winning 5 or 6 on the trot. Pep is just better than other managers & they have the funds to back him.

I’m not sure what the long term effect of this could be, EPL becoming less popular? Arsenal have been great this year but a few injuries & they’ve gone backwards.

I must say that Howe has done a remarkable job at NUFC, never thought he was the type to manage a ‘big club’. I don’t like where the money is coming from but this season he’s generally worked with what he has.

City will take some catching though.

Klippity is going to whinge like never before if manure get the point they need tonight.

To forgive the constant whining from klippity is to understand his frustration at the scousers never spending any money on players, relying on freebies such as Daz, Noonez, Cakpoo, Jotter and Karate in the last couple of years.

advertisement

Back