advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Never been a fan of the play-offs so always think justice is done when the 3rd placed teams succeeds, getting what they deserved anyway after a 46 game season.

Never been a fan of the play-offs so always think justice is done when the 3rd placed teams succeeds, getting what they deserved anyway after a 46 game season.

I can't say I am over joyed to see Luton in the Premiership next season, but they finished 3rd and 10 points clear of Coventry so one could say justice is done. Good luck to Coventry next season.

Equivalent of the play-offs in the Olympics.. Joe Bloggs finishes 3rd in the 1500m final but he doesn't win the bronze medal until he's had a run off against 4th, 5th & 6th. Promotion should be decided via the result of 38 games or whatever, not in a mini knockout competition at the end.

As a neutral I'm hoping that Everton go 0-1 down early on against Bournemouth so we get a bit of drama.:rolleyes:

Equivalent of the play-offs in the Olympics.. Joe Bloggs finishes 3rd in the 1500m final but he doesn't win the bronze medal until he's had a run off against 4th, 5th & 6th. Promotion should be decided via the result of 38 games or whatever, not in a mini knockout competition at the end.

As a neutral I'm hoping that Everton go 0-1 down early on against Bournemouth so we get a bit of drama.:rolleyes:

I want Everton to be 3-0 up after the first 15 minutes, don't need the drama. :D

Play offs have been around for a while, the game is mostly about money. Fans of ‘big clubs’ getting sniffy about them is laughable.

I have every reason to feel aggrieved about them after last year but we’ve had success through them in the past.

It’s great for Luton & hopefully not disastrous for Coventry.

Both teams have proper top flight history & Luton will be an asset to the EPL.

Play-offs are crap and always have been.

Ideas to improve things...

Idea #1
PL = div 1
Championship = div 2
then div 3 and div 4, money to be distributed in a fair way across all 4 divisions.

Idea #2 for lovers of the ridiculous playoffs.
Top 2 promoted from division below, bottom 2 relegated. Playoff between 3rd team from division below versus 3rd bottom from division above.

Idea#3- 3rd to 17th in a division in a 16 team knockout, eventual winners to play 3rd bottom of division above, so the 16th placed team has a shot at promotion having flunked it the previous 9 months.

Should generate wads of lovely, sweaty cash and be dead exciting. :rolleyes:

advertisement

Back