Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rack Kit, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

2. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

3. tqineil

Luis Diaz is now a LFC player and has signed a 5 year deal, must admit I've not heard of the Colombian striker who plays for FC Porto

4. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

You're on your own then. According to many Liverpool fans, he is world class and the front three will be even more devastating. No, I had not really heard of him either.

tqineil likes this.
  5. tqineil

FC Porto haven't lit up the UCL in recent years I recall? ;)

6. tqineil

unless the club are digging their heels in should Salah not sign a new deal, he's only after parity with CR7 and KDB of 400K per week, a figure we'd struggle to pay it would seem?

7. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I much pefer to see my club bringing youngsters through the academy rather than the spend,spend mentality of LFC.;)

Weekender and tqineil like this.
  8. tqineil

most of the fans who think he's world class have always been a fan of Diaz ever since they watched a YouTube compilation of him this morning

oldius and webster like this.
  9. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Fortunately I did not have my bone china teacup to my lips when I read that.

webster likes this.
  10. bencat

bencat Amplifier Destroyer par excellence

Only ever seen in him the the CL games we have played against Porto . Looks a cut above the rest of the team and seems to struggle with the lack of quality players on the same level as him . Would not be surprised to see that if he is signed then Liverpool will offload a couple of players to offset the cost . If Leeds come back then Minamino may well be first out with a couple of the fringe squads moved on as well . By all accounts Liverpool were looking to the summer for this move but the closer rival clubs got to a deal has made them move it forward . No official announcements from the club and deal still has about 72 hours to get completed . Will see what what when there is a confirmed siging by the club .

11. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

It's not that Liverpool would struggle to pay that, it's the consequences of breaking the clubs wage structure. It would have a trickle down effect for new player contracts and also effects new incoming signings, driving all wages up.

Rack Kit and tqineil like this.
  12. tqineil

yes, you're absolutely correct

13. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

And you might have players who are on contracts that have match the top wage earner. A slippery slope.

14. tqineil

Think VVD has that?

15. Colin L

Colin L High-tech low-life

16. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Sky Sports reckon PEA is on £350k pw which makes it difficult for the arses to shift him on. MA won’t be left with many strikers, just AL and EN.

17. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

You’d have thought so. Most expensive signing & all that.

tqineil likes this.
  18. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

19. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

I look forward to a full investigation and charges brought. I read the article but couldn't really establish in what way the publication believes that they are a City sponsor or how much they contribute. It would be good if you could extend your own investigative powers beyond the reach of City too, @Colin L as it gets a bit, 'Oh here's Colin, again' IMO.

Bob McC likes this.
  20. bencat

bencat Amplifier Destroyer par excellence

Not really something you can impute on others given your LFC fixation but hey no .

oldius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.