advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he did a good job at Derby & Chelsea.
He should’ve got Derby promotion but got into a stupid brawl with Leeds over alleged spying by Bielsa. What did he do at Chelsea apart from getting the sack? Don’t say, played the kids, that was forced on him.

He should’ve got Derby promotion but got into a stupid brawl with Leeds over alleged spying by Bielsa. What did he do at Chelsea apart from getting the sack? Don’t say, played the kids, that was forced on him.
I think he did a good job at Chelsea under a transfer embargo, managers with more resources have done worse. I don’t see the problem other than jealousy of his success & perceived advantage. Not exactly falling over themselves to manage Everton.

I think he did a good job at Chelsea under a transfer embargo, managers with more resources have done worse. I don’t see the problem other than jealousy of his success & perceived advantage. Not exactly falling over themselves to manage Everton.
Success as player absolutely. Management? Hmm, you’ve lost me there.

Success as player absolutely. Management? Hmm, you’ve lost me there.
I’ve just explained. Struggling to think of a manager who has had ‘success’ at Derby recently. He did get this job based upon his reputation as a player but did a decent job IMV. Championship is a bloody hard league.

Tranmere were given a real lesson at Prenton Park this afternoon by leaders Forest Green, hopefully they can bounce back from this thumping and hang in there near the top as the season draws to a close?

The audio recording of the Mason Greenwood incident is now available in the public arena. I hope it does not preclude the chance of a free trial but it is utterly damning, regardless, and likely to end a promising career. Anyone who has perpetrated a sexual assault, as Greenwood is alleged to have committed, should be tried in a court of law, not in the public arena.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Mendy is said to have been placed on remand for breaching his bail conditions. If he is tried and found guilty, I will have no sympathy for him, whatsoever, for both the end of his career and a deserved custodial sentence. Nevertheless, a court is the only place to hear the evidence presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back