advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers, bigjonny.

Yes, our local team is currently in one of the play off positions, wondered how it would work out.

Let's pretend the pen wasn't given, oh look Liverpool still win 1-2.
Jota was absolutely floored and denied a clear pen a few weeks ago, swings and roundabouts from VAR.

Nah that wouldn't work. If the VAR ref could actually see things as they were, then Firmino was offside for Liverpool's second goal and it was 1-1. Swings and swings more like.

City won the league in 2019 by one point, earlier in the season, Martin Atkinson failed to give Keita a blatant penalty at home vs Leicester, Liverpool ended up drawing that game, if they won they'd have won the league, that was a far far worse decision than Jota getting a penalty. So hand over the 2019 EPL trophy back to it's rightful winners! ;)

Can't do that as we were simply the better team. ;)

Look, can't we all (inc the biased Liverpool Red mob fans) agree that Liverpool are the PL & media darlings and the rest of us (inc former PL and media darlings Man U), have to accept whatever decisions go against us when we play them? It's vital they win another PL title as they have the best fans/club/atmosphere/history/club shop tourists and stuff.

If the PL is to grow even further, a Liverpool title is absolutely essential.

Last edited:
Most of the time I can’t tell if it’s banter or people being half blind...it should never have been a pen. The Jota bloke clearly moves toward the keeper to initiate contact. It’s as plain as can be.

A yellow is not enough for cheating. I would like to see a sin bin of at least 10 mins for cheating, this bit would be easy to do. However, what do you do if the cheating team were to cheat again in the same match? Well, how about a straight red and a goal deducted? There has to be an immediate punishment for the cheating team in the match they’re cheating and even a red isn’t enough if there are only a few minutes to go in a match.

The Newcastle incident mentioned was completely different because the tattoo dived straight into Fat Fraser.

Look, can't we all (inc the biased Red mob fans) agree that Liverpool are the PL & media darlings and the rest of us (inc former PL and media darlings Man U), have to accept whatever decisions go against us when we play them? It's vital they win another PL title as they have the best fans/club/atmosphere/history/club shop tourists and stuff.

If the PL is to grow even further, a Liverpool title is absolutely essential.
So all of us 'biased Red mob' seem to agree it wasn't a pen and that we were fortunate.....and as for being PL /media darlings we were written off as 4th placers at the beginning of the season...

So all of us 'biased Red mob' seem to agree it wasn't a pen and that we were fortunate.....and as for being PL /media darlings we were written off as 4th placers at the beginning of the season...
Meant to say biased 'Liverpool' Red Mob fans. You know who you are...

Anyway, it doesn't matter where they rated you'd finish, they're just desperate for you to win it. It used to be 'Fergie time' helping Man Utd win games late on. Now it's Pool players running into goal keepers, dangling legs or anything they can get away with.

Interesting

Transfer League for the last 5 Seasons

# Net Spend last 5 Years Purchased Gross Sold Nett Per Season
1 Manchester City £818.5 M £312.9 M £505.6 M £101.1 M
2 Manchester United £611.1 M £232.2 M £378.9 M £75.8 M
4 Chelsea £656.9 M £523.6 M £133.2 M £26.6 M
3 Everton £536.5 M £261.5 M £275.0 M £55.0 M
5 Arsenal £443.1 M £194.2 M £249.0 M £49.8 M
6 Brighton & Hove Albion £212.0 M £14.6 M £197.4 M £39.5 M
7 Liverpool £470.9 M £378.5 M £92.4 M £18.5 M

Never a penalty and agree that it was poor play by Jota. Nothing sadly I can do about it though . We will never know if we were gifted the game as we were winning at the time but under lots of pressure. Liverpool as media darlings is a nice invention but far from the truth . No mainstream Paper or TV company has any place in Liverpool all Manchester based so even though they are not at their best Utd always have been and probably always will be the media darling club. Check the coverage and publicity they get even having won nothing recently even the negative publicity still keeps there profile high .

Even though we had players in Africa it was better to face Liverpool without Salah!
I will not pass comments when Palace lose because sour grapes is not a good look but several people have commented in what they see as bias by Kevin Friend with a suggestion that the penalty was awarded because that ensured that Palace could not equalise and and bugger up Asian betting odds.

Seems a bit Alice in Wonderland to me or Tinker Tailor soldier spy but who really knows nowadays!

:mad::p:eek::rolleyes:

I went to the last home game, against Bradford PA. Not sure about Saturday's game though but maybe. Do you go often?
No, this will be my second time. I’m an Everton season ticket holder and go to most away games , if we play on a Sunday or it’s an international break I try to get to different grounds around the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back