advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Utter scum.
God help football if lowlifes like this get any say in how a club should be run.
United must be docked points too for this or the game awarded to Liverpool.
Everyone knew it was planned and publicised last night.

Football seems to attract the types that do this and worse. A lovely sport isn't it :rolleyes:

Twitter has a picture of Gary Neville actually among these criminals fist bumping them inside the stadium!

They can do nothing about the idiots outside. If the loons got into the ground then that surely has to be disciplinary. Award the game to Liverpool. In these Covid times isn’t this sort of thing illegal? I’ve seen talk that had we won the league today City fans would have gathered by the Etihad on Tuesday to celebrate. I really hope this doesn’t happen. I’d be ashamed.

Nothing says hypocrisy more than ex Utd player Neville telling us all that Utd fans causing criminal damage, trespass, demonstrating and attacking police is for the good of football and smaller clubs.
He and Spit the Scouser should be charged by the police with incitement and sacked by Sky.

I think we all know why this didn't happen before the Roma game. They had something to play for. Today was a great opportunity to cynically disrupt City and Liverpool. I'd have been very happy for City to win the League today, would have been a good day to do so, i.e. have a few beers tonight and relax on Bank Holiday Monday.
Fans have made themselves heard on ownership and the SL. They can continue to do so effectively. Gary Neville seems to think this is a good thing! Large gatherings are still not permitted. A large number of people broke into a football ground. The public currently aren't allowed in Stadia. They certainly aren't allowed on the pitch or in the dressing rooms. As for letting off flares, breaking windows etc... There's an unsubstantiated report of a policeman with a facial injury and of crowds stopping traffic on the Chester Road.....
As a Liverpool fan I want the season to be over asap. I'd like to know where we stand in relation to qualifying for Europe ( yes I can hear you all typing now! ) A rearranged postponed game is the last thing we need. Perhaps it should be played on 25th May.......
If this had happened at Anfield, heaven help us.......
I suspect this will all be smoothed over. No 'fans' banned and no one prosecuted.
As a lawyer please forgive me but isn't this relevant;
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/33/section/68
Offence of aggravated trespass.
(1)A person commits the offence of aggravated trespass if he trespasses on land [F1in the open air] and, in relation to any lawful activity which persons are engaging in or are about to engage in on that or adjoining land [F2in the open air], does there anything which is intended by him to have the effect—
(a)of intimidating those persons or any of them so as to deter them or any of them from engaging in that activity,
(b)of obstructing that activity, or
(c)of disrupting that activity.
(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three months or a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale, or both.

Rant over!!

As a Millwall supporter, I’m only too aware that every club as a few fans who like nothing more than to “take a few liberties”.

I would be the first person to defend the fan’s right to protest but once again, a small minority see an opportunity to cause trouble.

There were plenty of cameras at OT so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find some of these so called fans. A short, sharp, shock might be a reminder that this behaviour is unacceptable.

Not sure I agree with all of all the commentary. A well meaning overview but it all really kicks off after 4 minutes when the bottles start flying at the police. Not really sure why they are chanting, "You Scouse Bastards" or "Murderers" if this is an anti Glazers protest.
Oh and there's the classy "Manchester is wonderful, it's full of t*ts F*nny and Utd" chant.

TBH I still blame Alex Ferguson.

If he hadn't fallen out with the horse racing owners of Utd at the time over that horse he thought he owned (Rock of Gibraltar)

Well. The Glazers should never have happened. It was all down to him and his stubborness.

What do the Man U fans expect?
The Glazers won't give up control, unless someone offers a huge sum of money... And who would do that in a post covid era?
I think they have valid complaints, but no obvious solution.

They clearly want someone to come in manage the just under £1billion spent on players since Ferguson left more effectively and make them top dogs.
That had nothing to do with the Glazers. They provided plenty of money. It’s the UK management of the club that has been incompetent.
Yesterday was nothing about ESL or fairness, it was just about self entitled supporters getting fed up with their club no longer being relevant..

Not sure I agree with all of all the commentary. A well meaning overview but it all really kicks off after 4 minutes when the bottles start flying at the police. Not really sure why they are chanting, "You Scouse Bastards" or "Murderers" if this is an anti Glazers protest.
Oh and there's the classy "Manchester is wonderful, it's full of t*ts F*nny and Utd" chant.

It was bit of everything but plenty of anti Liverpool/City chants. They were outside the Megastore for a good while before going for the barriers at the East stand and then down to the Munich tunnel. It looked pretty well planned to get inside and have the game abandoned. It was a good while before the riot cops were sent down to push them back and that's when it really kicked off. A fair few were leaving before then anyway.

Oh and there was plenty of beer being consumed too. The protest might have started out as well meaning but to me it looked like it was hijacked by some undesirables.

I don't think this will be the end of it either.

The Dalian Atkinson murder trial has begun at long last

"The former Premiership footballer Dalian Atkinson was murdered in the street by a police officer, who shot him with a Taser stun gun and kicked him in the head, a jury has heard."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rdered-in-street-by-police-officer-jury-hears

That's the first I've heard about the kicks to his head and being hit with a baton while lying defenceless after the 3rd use of the taser for 33 seconds which is longer than recommend. Absolutely out of order if this is true.

advertisement

Back