advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Since the Glazers took over United have won 5 premier leagues, European cup, UEFA cup, FA cup, several league cups, been world club champions.
A trophy list like that is dreamt of by most premier league clubs.
We know what the protest is really about.
It is about the self entitlement of a group of fans who cannot accept that despite spending a billion pounds their club is largely irrelevant, in an embarrassment of a stadium that leaks when it rains, and that is run in the UK by an incompetent bunch who have no idea about developing a long term football project.

What a performance, what discipline, what team spirit from City. Heroes every one.
PSG are an affront to the game with their cheating and diving.

I love you LS - “typical City” fan.

Bob, you’ve done more years than me! This is though a moment up there with Dickov, the FA cup win, and Aguero in 93:20. This is though the first one of those I’ve not been there for...

Great night, I’m slightly trollieed, it’s work in the morning, but what a night!

I was ther for Newcastle in 68, the following cup final, Denis Law’s back heel, Luton sending us down, Stoke away win but still going in to Div 3, York away...
It’s been a hell of a ride…
You forgot to mention my favourite:

Middlesbrough 8 Man City 1 from 2008 just before the Arab money poured in. I have united supporting work colleagues who speak with affection for that day.

Well done City. Didn't see the match but was reading the updates, sounded like a great performance!

Since the Glazers took over United have won 5 premier leagues, European cup, UEFA cup, FA cup, several league cups, been world club champions.
A trophy list like that is dreamt of by most premier league clubs.
We know what the protest is really about.
It is about the self entitlement of a group of fans who cannot accept that despite spending a billion pounds their club is largely irrelevant, in an embarrassment of a stadium that leaks when it rains, and that is run in the UK by an incompetent bunch who have no idea about developing a long term football project.

Your last point is exactly what the protests are about, which is directly linked to the Glazer's ownership.

It's the massive waste of money that is being drawn out of the club, and although spending on players has been large, not many have been good or even great value. High profile signings such as Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Lukaku, Sanchez etc, don't appear to have been made for football reasons, players that never looked like fitting with the team. Its also all money that has been generated by the club, the owners do not put ANY of their own money into the club, its all taking £100m+ in dividends out of the club, using as a person bank while piling on debt.
Our net spend is actually quite low, and player sales are tiny compared to even a lot of the mid-table teams.

Here is a good if detailed breakdown:

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1389458677061591042

Well done City. Didn't see the match but was reading the updates, sounded like a great performance!

From what I saw they were just on fire. Mahrez, Foden are incredible. Their 36yr central midfielder looks like a 20 year old. Collectively they just wanted this match. They ran as hard and chased in packs like Leeds do at their best. Big difference is how comfortable and skillful every player is on the ball.

It is amazing to watch PSG struggle to get out of their own 18yd box to try and mount an attack.

Having said all that PSG came across as a team of over priced mercenaries. I can understand how Man City fans will be fearful that this was their 1000% Cup final display.
I would be nervous if they end up facing Real Madrid but if they play like this hard to see any team staying with them.

I was looking for a Man of the Match, and ended up with a Team of the Match! Zinchenko in tears at the end summed it up for me, possibly the most improved player of the year, even above Mahrez and Foden.

advertisement

Back