Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Bob McC, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Told you we’d score...

Rack Kit likes this.
  2. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Liverpool made a game of it but RM were much the better side over the two legs. Mistakes in Madrid cost us, but no complaints.

tqineil and cooky1257 like this.
  3. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

Chelsea v City final would be an exciting match.....

tqineil likes this.
  4. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Anyone but PSG would be my preference.

tqineil likes this.
  5. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

Then we could beat them twice in cup competitions.....

tqineil likes this.
  6. Bob McC

If it is that let’s hope it’s moved to the UK.

7. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Close but no cigar, RM better side over 2 legs but we played well tonight against a rock solid defence.
    Ah well, more important things to ponder over the next day or so.

lordsummit and tqineil like this.
  8. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Dortmund v Man City was a good match. Congratulations to Man City.

It would have been nice to have seen Liverpool go through too. Apparently it was a good game, but the [football] damage was done in Madrid.

tqineil and cooky1257 like this.
  9. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

England have some fantastic young players now. Let's hope they are used well.
    Oh, and well done City. :D

Rack Kit and oldius like this.
  10. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

How do you know it was a Liverpool fan and not just some drunken arsehole?

tqineil likes this.
  11. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

Today or the other occasions?

12. NRG

NRG pfm Member

Well done city, this could be the year.

tqineil and oldius like this.
  13. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

You want the club punished for something beyond their control. You live in Liverpool so must have some idea of the lawless shithole that is Anfield/Kirkdale. I wouldn't park my car there for sure. Too many knob heads and shameful behaviour without doubt-the people who do this don't give a shit about the club.

Rack Kit, tqineil and lordsummit like this.
  14. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

Let’s not carried away but I hope for a City v Chelsea final and may the best team on the night win... I look forward to better times for my team

15. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Chelsea winning the CL would do Jack the world of good.;-)

16. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

If a club's fans repeatedly attack their opponents, what else can be done, especially if the police will not act? Regardless, it paints a poor picture of the city and of English football.

17. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

It’s always tempting to blame the real fans for the behaviour of knob heads. I remember going to Leicester and hearing about four city fans singing racist songs and then it being reported on the press. I always struggle with Liverpool because my mother in law who’s a Liverpool fan is absolutely foul if you ever get on the subject of football. You can’t blame the majority for the minority.

As a fan though, Foden!!

18. Bob McC

But the minority get away with it year in year out.
    Will it take a player blinded for UEFA to act?

19. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Agreed. The fine 3 years ago was derisory but also a bit pointless. This shameful behaviour beggars belief, on the eve of the Hillsborough anniversary too, its disgusting. If they can ID these idiots a lifetime ban is in order at the very least.

Weekender, tqineil and oldius like this.
  20. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

I need to start listening to you more Bob!

That was a tense match. Mahrez was fairly quiet but that was massive moment sticking that penalty away. KDB again was just relentless along with the guy who stitches us together in Gundogan but Foden was absolutely brilliant down the especially as Dortmund at last started to tire. The other player who really stood out and makes a joke of his age is Jude Bellingham. What a player he is already. I only saw him play once at Birmingham when he was 16 but I’d been tipped off about him sometime before by their club photographer who couldn’t stop raving about him. It was funny to see this 16 chatting back to players 10 years older than him but making them look a bit stupid when he had the ball, predicted the play etc. He was just a level above already and they knew it. Physically he was already at their level too. I wouldn’t like to place a value on what the likes of Jude & Phil could be worth in 5 years time.

England really are blessed with some talent at the moment and you wouldn’t bet against both of them playing in the Euros. Both are more than ready for it.

Still taking it one game at a time though and nothing won yet.

Weekender likes this.