advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Speaking as a neutral, I thought Chelsea edged the BAFTAs - Jorginho especially - but both teams antics detracted from the enjoyment of the game which was unnecessary and a pity.

I seemed to have touched a nerve.

I was referring more to the rolling around after contact with the purpose of getting the opponents booked or sent off that now pervades the game.

It was the excellence of the ref during the CL Final which made this apparent as some players went from being in the prone position with apparently career threatening injuries to sprinting back into their defensive position over the course of a few seconds.

One tends to lie very still when properly injured.

Alternatively it could be that certain players reputations precede them as they try it on with such monotonous regularity and as a consequence are not now afforded the benefit of the doubt as refs are wise to it.
Either way I'm sure all genuine football fans are sick of all the diving around and play-acting that's become ingrained in the game - particularly at the top level.
So where does that leave your 'decent success' notion in relation to Liverpool i.e. The lowest number of pens awarded out of the top 5 clubs ,half the Man U tally and 2/3 the City one. If it's cheating it's not very good cheating lol.
I think more refs like the CL Final would be good for the game.

51214866468_8ef76f9403.jpg
2-3 seasons back, let it lie

We all know that but now they have the tech to stamp it out completely. Even if it's retrospectively - just keep hitting the cheats (yeah, Sterling for us, Jesus to a degree too).

I'd add B Silva and Gungodan to the list but in fairness all clubs do it (Mane, Mo, Thiago, etc)

WH Home nations odds to win the Euros:
Engerland 5/1
Wales 125/1
Scotland 250/1

France are favourites at 5/2 and how about Germany at 8/1?

Engerland 5/1
Wales 125/1
Scotland 250/1

I’d love to see Wales do well in the Euros again.

As for England, I think they’ve got their best chance in years.

Genuinely excited for this tournament and with fans there.

Looks like a strong England side. Good to see Henderson and Shaw in the team. Shame about Mason - a loss. The majority of the talent and depth is in defence. Assuming the back 4/5 work well together, England have an excellent chance of winning the whole thing.

Engerland 5/1
Wales 125/1
Scotland 250/1

The bookies have got it wrong recently. They were offering 4-1 on Chelsea beating City and similar odds in the FA Cup for Leicester to beat Chelsea. Not sure who will come out on top.

advertisement

Back