advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Still a bit shell shocked after a day in London Village watching Newport County lose the League 2 play off at Wembley.We played the better football and 2 big decisions against us - Morecambe keeper punching our centre back in the face and a very dubious penalty against us. Probably sounds like sour grapes but the neutrals agree with my analysis:

https://twitter.com/QuestTV/status/1399488409421418497

Nevertheless, best of luck to Morecambe in League 1.

Cheers

I'm still a little upset at them getting past Tranmere tbh, their first and ultimately winning goal over the two legs should never have stood, their forward held the Tranmere GK to the ground in a wrestling hold as another player knocked it into the net from 2 yards out, so frustrating and no VAR for the penalty claim down the other end?

I hope you're right but central defence looks distinctly average to me.

Jamie Carragher agrees with you - something about structure. He may be right - no point having great players if they don't work well together. I'm more optimistic. A misfiring front line is more of a concern.

See Conte may go to Spurs. Would be good to have him back in the Premiership. All we need is Zidane and Poch. Would make for a very interesting 21-22 season.

Still a bit shell shocked after a day in London Village watching Newport County lose the League 2 play off at Wembley.We played the better football and 2 big decisions against us - Morecambe keeper punching our centre back in the face and a very dubious penalty against us. Probably sounds like sour grapes but the neutrals agree with my analysis:

https://twitter.com/QuestTV/status/1399488409421418497

Nevertheless, best of luck to Morecambe in League 1.

Cheers

A reason exists for not awarding a penalty and that is Bobby Madley a poor referee.

I wanted Newport to win because Tom King started his career at Palace and Joe Ledley also played for a while. Newport were the better team but that is of little consequence when you lose in a play off final!

We know all about those at Chelsea.:D

That really would surprise me - him and Levy working in harmony I just don't see it.
You just know that when they sell Kane a large proportion of that money will not get reinvested in signing new players.

He hired Jose so he's had some practise working with colourful managers. Rumour is Conte wants to come back to the Premiership. Anyway, speculation at this point but the press have picked up on the story.

Hopefully Werner will figure out how to score goals and stay onside again during the Euros.

Is thread going to be used for Euros or is someone going to start a dedicated thread?

Got to admit I’ve not paid much attention to it so far. A real shame to see Trent Alexander out injured, not sure why there was even a debate about him making the squad. The lad is brilliant even if he does play for that lot up the other end of the M62.

advertisement

Back