advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

UEFA has issued a statement on behalf of all the national leagues concerned saying the clubs will be chucked out of all domestic football if they go ahead and their players banned from international football.

Kerry Packer anyone...?

The absence of relegation makes this new Super League unappealing to me, but lots of sports get by with a franchise model, so maybe it will work. The big question is how much more unequal domestic leagues would become.

It’s all about money, sad and I expect it’ll happen eventually, might it be the end of the EPL as we know it?

It all depends how strongly the national leagues concerned support the UEFA and FIFA stances.

The Premier League have got a cheek to be uptight, they did the exact same thing to the Football League in the early 90's, and now the worm has turned. Personally, i would be sad to see it happen.

I hope it happens, the sooner the big greedy clubs clear off the better. Sky will pull the plug on their TV deal & it will mean a massive reality check for football.

24 hours before Eufa were due to announce a further expansion / dilution of the "Champions League" this bombshell drops.

Nice timing. Hmm.

If this happens I very much doubt I'll be watching or following it and I dare say that will be the same for many a life long fan. It's almost as if the clubs don't actually care about the fans, no matter what they say.
There's even a suggestion that there will be a statement issued at 21:30 tonight. I mean to say that's right in the middle of Line of Duty FFS!

If this happens I very much doubt I'll be watching or following it and I dare say that will be the same for many a life long fan. It's almost as if the clubs don't actually care about the fans, no matter what they say.
There's even a suggestion that there will be a statement issued at 21:30 tonight. I mean to say that's right in the middle of Line of Duty FFS!
Agreed.
Macclesfield Town in Northern Counties div 2 could have one new fan next season at their matches.

Mother of God!

If these top 5 or 6 PL teams who have signed up want to go, then fine, let them go. They take allot as it is and constantly want more. Once ridded, it will be an opportunity for the Premier League to even itself out. Teams would be more evenly matched and the games harder to call. It might actually be better. Actually, I think it would be.

And if the Euro Superleague collapses, as I expect it might, if they want to come back, they start at the bottom of the pyramid under new even fairness rules.

If these top 5 or 6 PL teams who have signed up want to go, then fine, let them go. They take allot as it is and constantly want more. Once ridded, it will be an opportunity for the Premier League to even itself out. Teams would be more evenly matched and the games harder to call. It might actually be better. Actually, I think it would be.

And if the Euro Superleague collapses, as I expect it might, if they want to come back, they start at the bottom of the pyramid under new even fairness rules.
Football will die.
Sky will pull out and demand a refund of contractual payments.
The championship and lower leagues will go bust.

I'm embarrassed that LFC are amongst the culprits, I do wonder if this is 'owner driven' as it sounds like a money grab to me, £300+M pa and no relegation... if it happens then Prenton Park for me

It’s basically the US sports model. Highly profitable tightly controlled franchises with no relegation / demotion and no access to outsiders. Huge TV packages and earnings for the owners. **** them.

Football will die.
Sky will pull out and demand a refund of contractual payments.
The championship and lower leagues will go bust.
Nonsense.

Stuart is spot on.

advertisement

Back