advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Some booing at Burnley/Liverpool too. Mane got the same treatment every time he was on the ball.

I've always found Burnley FC to be a very 'white' club, even when I worked a local aerospace factory, I noticed it last night too and Martin Tyler did his best to cover it up

I didn't watch all the match, so I only heard Mane being booed after he dived.

he was clipped but went down easily as the replay showed, he just tried to laugh it off but the defender would have none of it... these same defenders were kicking lumps out of LUFC at the weekend

Last edited:
While I disapprove of the booing, and the taking of the knee was an important movement, if it just stays as it is with nothing added to take it forward except the same recorded message, it is in danger of becoming a another ritual rather than a significant reminder

Agree with something else needing to be done but nobody seems to have an idea what. it’s in danger of becoming an empty gesture.

That could come back and bite on their backsides next season. Nuno has done a brilliant job there.

It's been a strange season, so that needs to be factored in. Whilst Wolves have fallen back, it's one poorer season and I agree, such a decision might come back to bite them. On the other side, perhaps Nuno is burnt out himself, or has had his head turned. However, I doubt Wolves would let him go for free if another club was interested. It will be interesting to see who they bring in and which players stay or are sold on.

Surely that headline should read LFC couldn’t win the EPL etc. I’m sure City wouldn’t be affected or troubled tbh?

Let it go man. Let it go.
It really does get a bit tedious after a while doesn't it?
He's got a short memory if he doesn't remember his side (with VVD & Gomez both starters) getting trounced by Villa in the early part of the season.
That said they've done well to come back and almost certainly qualify for the CL from a position where it looked most unlikely a few weeks ago.
Being knocked out of the CL by an average Real Madrid side has probably helped in that respect.

I’m a little nervous that having put themselves in a position to make top 4 and having put 7 into the Palace net when they went top or close over Christmas, JK will explode if Palace put in a performance for Woy in his last game.. that would truly sum up the teams season

advertisement

Back