advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Remember when Suarez cried at Selhurst and when you were beaten in the semi final and did not get to Wembley .Remember when you scored loads of goals against Palace . Remember when Palace finished third in the old 1st division and did not get to play in Europe because of Heysel and Liverpool all water under the bridge because its football.

ROY Hodgson is the Palace manager 73 years old and one of the nicest blokes in the game, for some reason I expected better from you with your attempt at Ken Dodd childrens humour.

Palace are in serious decline and will almost certainly get beaten tomorrow. At the end of his career even allowing for some of the stupidity that exists in football he deserves better than that.

Over the top...yes ...but you feckin deserve it. all the best till next season!
I’ve clearly hit a nerve and apologise unreservedly for the insult, quoting Sam Allardyce the England Man at the time rather than Ken Dodd.

As for bringing Heysel up, yes 14 supporters served prison sentences for manslaughter but read the official enquiry before pointing the finger of blame - how the game was ever held there and the authorities selling thousands of tickets to Juve supporters in the LFC end is beyond comprehension, still the clubs darkest day tho

Was it comparable? Most of the comments I read on here were that Kompany hadn’t been replaced despite the purchase of 160 million euro spent on defenders

Laporte, our best defender, out for a season; Sane out for a season; Mendy out for a season; Aguero six months. Need I go on.

Sane might have missed the season but the others certainly didn’t - check the stats yourself
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/benjamin-mendy/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/157495

Aguero played 24 games in the EPL plus other competitions, Laporte missed from Gameweek 6 to 23

And still finished second. Jurgen would just be better saying nothing.

Manchester City in FA Premier League 2019/2020 injuries (football-lineups.com)
Last season, Aguero missed 145 days, Laporte 185 days, Mendy 190 days, Sane 286 days and Stones 120 days.
Laporte, Mendy and Sane all play on the left side so, like Liverpool, injuries were in one area of the pitch. It is a part and parcel of the game and though unfortunate, there's a time to keep schtum.

I’ve clearly hit a nerve and apologise unreservedly for the insult, quoting Sam Allardyce the England Man at the time rather than Ken Dodd.

As for bringing Heysel up, yes 14 supporters served prison sentences for manslaughter but read the official enquiry before pointing the finger of blame - how the game was ever held there and the authorities selling thousands of tickets to Juve supporters in the LFC end is beyond comprehension, still the clubs darkest day tho
And the Liverpool chairman tried to blame Southern infiltrators.
Never accept responsibility.
Never apologise.

That website tells me nothing, Mendy missed the first 5 games of the season and you won all of those, the figures in my link are correct... keep trying

That website tells me nothing, Mendy missed the first 5 games of the season and you won all of those, the figures in my link are correct... keep trying

So the name of the player, followed by the number of days absent, followed by the dates from and to, followed by the nature of the injury doesn't tell you anything?

To be honest, it doesn't matter. Liverpool have been affected by injuries this season and City were last season. My feeling is that Jurgen repeatedly mentioning it is boring, but your feelings may be different.

Pathetic.
Always excuses.
If it’s not the length of the grass it’s the line markings being too thick, etc., etc..
Klopp deflecting from the fact that his squad is just not good enough after the first 11.

I've said it before. You City 'fans' are the most bitter, sour, miserable bunch of sad bastards in the PL. YOU WON THE LEAGUE. Be happy, thank your lucky stars Liverpool lacked the squad depth to absorb their injury list- you had the same injury problem last season but despite your squad depth were still left in the dust, next season we'll give you a good challenge and in the interests of good football you should be glad- you won't be though, you'll just bitch and moan and sulk as per.

@oldius just look at the games in which the players featured that season clearly shows your data from that website as s clearly nonsense, that’s all

I've said it before. You City 'fans' are the most bitter, sour, miserable bunch of sad bastards in the PL. YOU WON THE LEAGUE. Be happy, thank your lucky stars Liverpool lacked the squad depth to absorb their injury list- you had the same injury problem last season but despite your squad depth were still left in the dust, next season we'll give you a good challenge and in the interests of good football you should be glad- you won't be though, you'll just bitch and moan and sulk as per.[/QUOTE

You demonstrate, clearly, where the issue lies. Naturally, we are blessed and happy to be U18 champions, U23 champions, Carabao cup winners, PL champions, and CL finalists, and it is a shame that Jurgen had to talk about Liverpool's injuries, by referring to City; it comes across as sour. He didn't need to do that and would be better remaining quiet on the issue. For some reason, any criticism of your team elicits utterly venomous retort but I live in the city and have seen it all before, many times, and it is a shame.

Haha not venomous at all, that you can misrepresent a call to cheer up in such a way says it all. Your list of fantastic successes this season further makes my point that you'd rather moan about a disappointed manager venting his frustration at a crippled season. Cheer up.

Haha not venomous at all, that you can misrepresent a call to cheer up in such a way says it all. Your list of fantastic successes this season further makes my point that you'd rather moan about a disappointed manager venting his frustration at a crippled season. Cheer up.

"Left in the dust, bitch, sulk and moan." A call to cheer up is not that.
I suspect you will return, next season, much more able to challenge. If Chelsea's improvement continues then it will be a very competitive league. I do not include United, deliberately.

If City win old big ears this year and can attract some big names to replace old legs then I can’t see anyone getting near them next season, injuries or pandemics aside

Just to add my two penneth.;)
I think if Chelsea can get it right in the final third by either improving the players they already have or buying a prolific striker then they will definitely be serious challengers.
Top goalscorer this season - Jorginho with 7 goals.:mad:
I don't know about Liverpool - I thought the way they were beaten over two legs by a very average Real Madrid side compared to Chelsea's demolition of the same team was quite revealing.
Much as I'd like to I don't think United can be ruled out.

I hope 'pool do beat Palace, if we can continue our decent run of results against Arsenal then we would leapfrog them in the table :)

Fair chance of that, the serious injury to Eze has overshadowed what should have been a more upbeat end to the season for Palace and it's wholesale change for next year or trouble.

Roy will be a big loss to you. United have I think been lucky this season. Can they get that many soft penalties again? A United fan was trying to persuade me that Fernandes was de Bruyne’s equal. Goals he’d scored more (but mostly penalties), assists he’d done well on, the same as KdB. Tackles... he’d made 75, KdB over 300.

advertisement

Back