advertisement

ADAM Audio Tensor Delta's & Lavry DA11.

Raj,

Had some dal makhani for lunch.

It's best to avoid me for a while.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
After burner running overtime is it. Just come back from a long weekend at my parents, i understand your pain ... and so did the lady behind us in Tesco's when Rohan, my son, let rip.

Raj,

Have you tried your ADAMs with acoustic music?

I, too, like blips and bleeps, but I find it hard to judge a speaker based solely on how it does electronica. Do you have any Indian classical?

Joe

Joe, my music tastes are quite broad. I actually go through period of none electronica and now is one of them. Was listening to some 60's jazz classics yesterday. Also allot of Tom Yorke, Jack Johnson,adel, zero7 and many more. Electronica covers around 65-70% of something like 2400+ albums, of which 500+ are on vinyl. Now look what I've gone and done, you've made me use the V word again.

And yeah, have some nice classical Indian CDs but not tried those for quite a while.

But boy do these ADAM Delta's show ATC SCM-50ASL's what a much more modern compact design can do and do it much much better in just about every way.

If you get a chance or are in the market for some serious active speakers then you really should audition these. ATC need to do some catching up - quickly.

Not long ago these and similar ATCs were being touted as near perfection by several PFMers. Seems strange that they are now some way off the pace!

(FWIW, I like the 2-way ATCs but anything with the mid dome sounds "domey" to me)

Things change and the game moves on. Nothing is permanent, there will always be improvements in every field. I expect to find something better than these in years to come.

My comment is specifically about Deltas 'v' SCM50-ASL's which are in the same price league.

Is it possible that its too long since you heard the ATC's, or because of the different room and Dac that you feel the Adams are superior?

I would think it would be necessary to do a comparison at about the same time in the same room to draw such a firm conclusion, but it wouldn't be so much fun. Enjoy the Adams.

Paul

I would think it would be necessary to do a comparison at about the same time in the same room to draw such a firm conclusion, but it wouldn't be so much fun. Enjoy the Adams.

Paul

I haven't heard any ATCs to comment on better or worse, but the Adam tweeter sounds pretty different to more conventional designs so I suppose if you like what it does it'd be fair to conclude they're 'better'.

advertisement

Back