advertisement

ADAM Audio Tensor Delta's & Lavry DA11.

Both, PWM for LF/MF and A/B for HF. When did you hear them Mark?

IIRC the first design had PWM for all driver.

Pretty sure they were on demo in Munich,

Just done a bit of reading and they seem to use B&O Class D amplification, Are you sure they use A/B for the HF's?

I heard the top of the range models some time ago and they produced the most amazingly tight extended bass - quite remarkable (made Isobariks sound like bookshelf speakers).

I thought you'd not used the ATCs for 6 months and had moved house in the meantime? Did I miss something?

Paul

Spiffy, Spacey.

I've not heard any of the ADAM models but they look to be serious speakers.

Joe

I thought you'd not used the ATCs for 6 months and had moved house in the meantime? Did I miss something?

Paul

Nope, you've not missed owt. The new piano black 50's never even made it through my doors, they were ready back in August but haven't had time since. Then found i needed somert smaller and more portable, enter the Deltas.

Joe, they're very German and build like nothing else I've come across. Build quality that makes Bryston come a poor second, the attention to detail is impeccable. Wish the packaging was also given the same train of though and put in wooden creates.

Congrats on the new speakers Spacey.

Did you get a chance to hear the Benchmark on the Adams?

Its possible that the Lavry, with its smps is making the Adams sing. It might well do the same for the ATC's?

Never tried the HDR on the Deltas, wanted a change either way. Logic was the Deltas use PWM and A/B amps so a SMPS wouldn't be the wrong design in DAC's, wheres with the ATC's being mainly class A amps a Linear PS in DAC's would be best suited.

Id be interested to hear the Lavry through the ATC's, as many ATC users find the Chord QBD76 with its smps a good match.

The speed of the smps giving much more precision in the timing department i believe.

Raj,

Joe, they're very German and build like nothing else I've come across.
Well, they sure look the bidnit.

Are you working your way up to GRFs? :)

Joe

Id be interested to hear the Lavry through the ATC's, as many ATC users find the Chord QBD76 with its smps a good match.

The speed of the smps giving much more precision in the timing department i believe.

Matt, thing is they're all good so really it just amounts to the 2% differences. We're talking serious kit and sound either way.

Raj,

Why did you change from the Benchmark to the Lavry DAC?

Joe

Firstly matching PS's, secondly matching LED colours and thirdly wanted AES/EBU/110ohm digital input for my media computer project.

Raj,

I know what you mean about wanting things to match.

I'm saving up for one of these...

DevilRaysFlyingSubs-STINGRAYS.jpg

...to go with my Stingray integrated.

jpcyyw.jpg

Joe

Sorry, man. I'm kinda crapping up your thread.

Back to those ADAMs.

Joe

Your welcome Joe, no crapping taken :)

Matt, DA11 spec:

SPECIFICATIONS:
THD+N at max volume (volume = 56) – typical, 0.0008% FS, maximum 0.0013% FS
Test conditions: 20Hz – 20KHz, -3dBFS sine wave, 22-22KHz BW
At all possible settings and switch combinations. This also applies to operating the DA11 with the
included XLR to RCA adapters.
Dynamic Range: -112dB typical, -110 dB minimum
Test conditions: Non weighted
At all possible settings and switch combinations.
Drive Capability:
24dBu Balanced XLR output into 1K ohms at Volume = 56 or lower
21dBu Balanced XLR output into 600 ohms at Volume = 53 or lower
18dBu Unbalanced XLR output into 600 ohms at Volume = 56 or lower
18dBu Headphone into 100 ohms at Volume = 56 or lower *
18dBu Headphone into 50 ohms at Volume = 50 or lower *
* PLEASE NOTE: Do not use “earbuds” or any other type of headphones designed for use with
portable battery-powered devices such as an MP3 player. The DA11 is not designed to work with
this type of headphone. The headphone output is capable of much higher levels than a batterypowered
device in order to properly drive typical HiFi headphones. Damage may occur to the
portable device headphones if they are connected with the DA11 Volume control set to a higher
setting.
Volume Control Precision:
Integral linearity (deviation from straight line) – better than 0.1dB
Differential linearity (step size) – better than 0.08dB
AC Power:
Voltage 90-264 VAC, Frequency 40-63Hz,
Typical Current usage: 0.1A
Fuse Rating 2.5A “Time Delay” *
*Subject to change! Please always check the rating on the fuse and the one printed next to the
fuse holder on the power supply PC board before replacement. Replace the fuse ONLY with a
fuse of the same rating. If you have any questions, contact: [email protected]
Please Note: The DA11 automatically adjusts to AC power inputs in the range of 90 to 264 Volts
AC and line frequencies between 47 and 63 Hertz. There are no settings to change.
Dimensions:
8”w x 1.75”h x 10.75” d (including front panel switches and rear panel connectors)
Weight:
Less than 5lbs, 6 lbs shipping weight

Raj,

The balance and volume knobs should be backlit, but otherwise the lighting is similar.

(Some exhausted electrons shooting out the back would be cool, though.)

Joe

advertisement

Back