Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A Thread for New Jazz

Discussion in 'music' started by kjb, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Theo

Theo pfm Member

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Just gone for the deluxe gatefold with the book. £42 bleedin’ quid by the time tax and delivery is added!

3. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That is highly annoying, I assumed the deluxe was Bandcamp only.

5. Theo

Theo pfm Member

I went for the RT 2 x clear vinyl with bonus disc.

6. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

Expecting the vinyl tomorrow, post strike permitting, listening to the download now. As suggested on MH's Bandcamp page it definitely grooves harder than his recent releases. The final track is called "A Japanese Garden in Ethiopia" which has to be the most Halsall title ever :)

7. kjb

kjb Losing my edge

Mine's in the strike backlog as well. I'm hoping strke + bank holiday doesn't mean its sitting in an unruly pile somewhere.

I'm trying not to listen to pre-orders via Bandcamp to save the pleasure of the first listen for the vinyl copy I've ordered but might give in if I have to wait more than another day of so.

vince rocker likes this.
  8. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

9. dave charlton

dave charlton pfm Member

10. dave charlton

dave charlton pfm Member

Enjoying SAAM. Dark, edgy modern (jazz) if that's your thing. Nice pressings too.

11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

No idea if this is jazz. It might be. It is good and they can count. No Amazin link, as they don’t have the CD, but it can be found at Burning Shed and is a superb recording; big clear and punchy.

It features Yogev Gabay on drums. His YouTube channel is wonderful. Very often counting out Meshuggah songs as someone has to as they don’t come with an instruction manual. Always funny, but here he’s explaining some bonkers reductive math he hid in a track off the Fractal Sextet album: