advertisement

A generic rectifier/smoothing PCB

Hi Marek,

You're absolutely correct: D1 and D2 are the correct positions to use when employing diodes such as MBR20200CT and other two-in-one packages. Reversing the orientation of this type of diode has no effect in this application. The text is wrong, I'll need to fix it.

You'll get 2 +ve rails using D1 and D2. In fact it's not possible to get a -ve rail with my boards if you're using dual diodes in these positions.

Cheers,
Carl

Sorry everyone, I only had enough made to satisfy demand at the time. If there's enough interest I'm open to doing another run.

That's 8 takers in the last 4 posts... any more interest?

Carl

Carl,

if you are going to do a second run and chance of making them a little larger to accept 6 35mm diameter snap in caps?

Neil

I'm just fitting one of these in a NAP140 with four 35x50mm Nichicon KG(M) 6800uF/63V caps. 50mm is about tops for height, but the PCB could easily be larger to accommodate six of these puppies and still fit in the NAP140.

It would also be cool to "isolate" a pair of caps so that they can feed a raw rail (34VDC in the case of a NAP140) to a TR'd pre-amp. I'm just trying this with Naim's 140 PSU PCB. In combination with Neil's MB in an old 42 case, it should make for a sweet pre/power combo for ~$1K at current market prices.

Totally agree, a small tweak to six way would be welcome.

If that were to happen I'd be happy to let someone have a couple of my four ways for when that suffices.

(of course what we really need is 8 way ;))

advertisement

Back