advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added a BDA-2 to the setup, with a small, but worthwhile, improvement in the sound I’m getting out of the Tannoys. This is with the B135-3 back in the system as I’ve put the Suggie IA-4 up for sale while I look into options for even more class-A goodness (if that’s possible - I hope it is).

System currently consists of:

Media-PC
Bryston BDA-2 DAC
Arcam CD37 CD/SACD player
Bryston B135-3 (“cubed”) integrated amp
Tannoy HPD-315 in Devon cabs

51122862688_bcf8381ffb_b.jpg

it's sound dampening. Same for the thing on the wall behind the couch (IKEA Oddlaug).

The IKEA Oddlaug looks cool from an interior design perspective but you do have to wonder how effective it is at absorbing anything but high frequencies, - according to the IKEA website it's only 15mm thick. I suppose it will still help with flutter echoes.

Added a BDA-2 to the setup, with a small, but worthwhile, improvement in the sound I’m getting out of the Tannoys. This is with the B135-3 back in the system as I’ve put the Suggie IA-4 up for sale while I look into options for even more class-A goodness (if that’s possible - I hope it is).

System currently consists of:

Media-PC
Bryston BDA-2 DAC
Arcam CD37 CD/SACD player
Bryston B135-3 (“cubed”) integrated amp
Tannoy HPD-315 in Devon cabs

51122862688_bcf8381ffb_b.jpg

An Accuphase E 650 is calling to you, Ian. Slip in a DAC 50 and you're done!

Here goes my first system pics post... hope the images don’t fill up the screen!

Clearer Audio cables (mostly!)

[url=https://postimg.cc/Z0H0ZJS7]

[/URL]
Notts Ace Space [12” Arm with AN IQ3, 9” with AT VM95-ML]
Audion Duo with WE300B (1995) and Amperex 6922 (c.1960)
Audion Premier MM with Amperex 7308 gold pins
Audio Note Dac 2.1x
Marantz Blu-ray player of some description as a gap filler while I source a transport!

Listening seat with less than ideal sofa!

Speaker and power cables running under the suspended floor

C
at tree :)

The IKEA Oddlaug looks cool from an interior design perspective but you do have to wonder how effective it is at absorbing anything but high frequencies, - according to the IKEA website it's only 15mm thick. I suppose it will still help with flutter echoes.
It definitely helps, it also curves inwards on the wall. Without it there's much less deadening.

Here goes my first system pics post... hope the images don’t fill up the screen!

Clearer Audio cables (mostly!)

https://postimg.cc/9rNMR1zy

N
otts Ace Space [12” Arm with AN IQ3, 9” with AT VM95-ML]
Audion Duo with WE300B (1995) and Amperex 6922 (c.1960)
Audion Premier MM with Amperex 7308 gold pins
Audio Note Dac 2.1x
Marantz Blu-ray player of some description as a gap filler while I source a transport!

Listening seat with less than ideal sofa!

Speaker and power cables running under the suspended floor

C
at tree :)

Can you tell us how well the horns work in your room, given their placemnet and size of the space?

Can you tell us how well the horns work in your room, given their placemnet and size of the space?

I sit 4.5m away from the horns (the room is 8.2m long) and the speakers are 3.4m apart. Imaging is pretty amazing and since sorting my crossovers out everything sounds spot on despite there being no room treatment and glass doors everywhere. The only thing that I have had trouble with is bass so I’ve ordered some acoustic treatment for the corners..... Simply stuffing some cushions around the subs made a crazy difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back