Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2021

Discussion in 'audio' started by Whaleblue, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

Does the amp keep the workshop nice and toasty?

Alan Brown likes this.
  2. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

Actually this one, unlike my WB amp, barely gets warm unless the speakers demand it. These little speakers don't even register!

3. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

A bit odd for a Class A no?

torstoi and Darren like this.
  4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord pfm Member

Hi Nigel - what Proacs are these?

Best regards

5. Hungry Halibut

Hungry Halibut pfm Member

Hello Dev. They are the Tablette 10 Signature.

Dark Lord likes this.
  6. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Darkest of all Dark Lords, I believe those to be the Proac Tablette 10 Signatures.

Dark Lord likes this.
  7. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

Yes. Push/Pull A, not single ended.

The temperature thing is more to do with the feed forward error correction circuit ('Sense'). With my large floor-standing speakers there is some warmth at the heatsink, but these little shrimps don't appear to register.

The toggles on the front panel allow me to select bias, so as pictured it's doing comparatively few Watts class A, then A/B up to full output (about 100W for this one). Like the majority of solid state amps. If I want, I can select class A operation via the switches (up to something like 30W IIRC), after which it's A/B up to the same maximum power. Then it gets warm. The production 'TS' amps are about 25% more on all those figures, mine is a pre-production test unit in a smaller chassis.

It also heats only to a certain point, so the amp never gets hotter than Colin decided. So in a cold room, the amp runs harder into A, getting the heatsinks to a certain temperature. In a warmer room, the class A is backing off so the amplifier self-regulates itself to always run at the same temperature. When left idle, it backs off more and more - it's a kind of dynamic bias system.

8. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

It’s lucky I didn’t tell him about the dirty fork:)

thanks

9. Old Shatterhand

Old Shatterhand pfm Member

@Alan Brown You have a class AB push-pull amp, not Class A. Therefore it doesn't run that warm. A real class A amp with 100 watt will let you have a desert feeling in the living room.

torstoi, Darren and booja30 like this.
  10. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Don't often buy new hifi gear, in fact the Node 2i a couple of months ago was the first purchase in nearly 5 years. However, was offered a Chord Mojo for a good price so went for it.

Very pleased. :)

[​IMG]Mojo by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

11. pacman

pacman Member

Nice photo as always Gromit.

Nice to see someone else with the Nima on the LP12. Lovely match.

How do you find the Mojo on the Node 2i? I'm using the Chord cable on the coax connection and loving it. I was thinking of the qutest but I feel the mojo gives me most of what the qutest does.

Gromit likes this.
  12. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Thanks for the kind comment - I do my best :)

Yes, the Nima is a great partner to the LP12 where there's a definite synergy - I think it looks great too and is a piece of the proverbial to set up. And stays that way too. Could do with a new cartridge in the near future but with the Node 2i...and Mojo...

...that's on hold for a while.

For some years I've been using a Teac UD-H01 DAC which has been a wonderful little device, and seen off several other DACs at similar - and much (much!) higher prices. The Mojo really has brought about an improvement though. It's subtle, but easily demonstrable, and mostly in the departments of clarity (bass pitch definition notably) and rhythmic snap. The Node's internal DAC isn't exactly shabby, but the Mojo injects so much energy and musical verve, it's been a no-brainer purchase. The battery in this one is only running at 50% or so of as-new so will send off for a replacement at some point. Still got around 5 hours of music so I have no complaint.

Cable-wise I'm using a Beresford optical but would like to try the coax at some point - I found this the favoured connection to the Teac over optical.

Fretbuzz and pacman like this.
  13. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

I thought it was a welder:D

14. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Listening to Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall via headphone output of Benchmark DAC3HGC on right. Speakers are KEF Reference Ones out of shot.

[​IMG]

15. Iceman16

Iceman16 pfm Member

Hana ML cart. sounding really good

[​IMG]

16. hermit, radamel, Robby and 3 others like this.
  17. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Nice room

[​IMG]

Fretbuzz, narabdela, RoA and 4 others like this.
  18. RoA

RoA pfm Member

What are the blue covered things in the rack?

19. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

It’s @TheManWhoBuiltTheMoon room I posted the pic of as a favour.

TheManWhoBuiltTheMoon and RoA like this.
  20. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

I'm guessing it's sound dampening. Same for the thing on the wall behind the couch (IKEA Oddlaug).

Catesby and RoA like this.