Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2021

Discussion in 'audio' started by Whaleblue, Jan 1, 2021.

1. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

Cheers!

Telly isn't connected yet to the ND5XS2 as I need a right angle toslink adaptor as the TV is too tight to the wall.

torstoi likes this.
  2. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Very nice..a Nait 3 always looks the centre of gravity in a room..
    But I wonder is it sufficient for the Allaes..given the Kan could take a 250 or even two 160 or 110 in mono config to really come alive.
    Not making it a full-range still, but mindblowing nontheless for such a small speaker.
    For kids though..not sure many have a better system to play with.. :)
    Nice sound for cinema the same if that's plugged in.?

HiFiman likes this.
  3. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

The Allaes are incredibly easy to drive and sound as good with the Nait 2 driving them as my 300s, I also tried my SL2s on the end of the Nait 2 same result, it's plucky little amp.

Dark Lord and torstoi like this.
  4. mrlamonta

mrlamonta pfm Member

Those Naits make me feel funny.

5. Rosie

Rosie pfm Member

You need to get a roon :)

Those Naits make me feel funny

6. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

The Nait 2 is THE all time classic for both the look and the sound IMO, very nice !

HiFiman likes this.
  7. hockman

hockman pfm Member

I think the Lockwoods look like what speakers should look like and are fine. In fact, I consider them beautiful but that might be going too far for some people...

Speakers should look like speakers, not like some sculpture or masquerade as furniture. Personally I consider the looks of Sonus Fabers or Wilsons or Focals unacceptable and so will my spouse.

8. ampedup

ampedup Lost in audio

Maybe, but The Rega Io may take its place, handily.

Robert M, booja30 and Gervais Cote like this.
  9. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

I actually like them as well and in that room the look great, but there is no getting away from the fact they appear BIG!

10. chris turner

chris turner Active Member

Recently fell upon a cracking pair of Naim SBL, if you didn't know better you'd swear they were made last week

Was a little spoilt for choice and did feel incredibly guilty swapping out my Kan mk1s for these........

[​IMG]

11. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

They are great speakers but will be better with a solid wall behind them.

12. chris turner

chris turner Active Member

yes, they really need a better location but the kids have commandeered the living room for the moment.....

Woodface likes this.
  13. norliss

norliss pfm Member

Hey - can I ask how you're getting on with the Matrix Audio mini-i 3 Pro? I recently bought an iFi NEO iDSD for a bedroom rig (combined with a Squeezebox Touch) and although it's pretty nice, it's been a bit flakey to the extent that I'm sending it back. Firstly, it can't handle MQA albums from Tidal properly: at best it fails on gapless, at worst it jams up between tracks. I use volume levelling and it seems that any Roon DSP causes it issues with MQA. I've also experienced issues whereby it often can't properly handle a change in sample rate (or switch from PCM to DSD or vice versa) such that it will either start glitching/breaking up OR play the album at the wrong speed!

Given I hadn't originally planned to spend the £699 on the iFi and the Matrix is a bit more expensive again, I wondered how solid it performs with Roon?

14. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

What does that mean? Where does the ideal come from?

15. Hungry Halibut

Hungry Halibut pfm Member

After a bit of rejigging at the very end of last year, I ended up with this. Simpler than before, and smaller too, but it works for me.
    [​IMG]

16. InSides

InSides pfm Member

It has been flawless so far. I did have to update the firmware to get Roon Ready capabilities, but it is a simple procedure and fully automated.

Note I do not use it's volume control, nor the headphone output - but solely as a streaming DAC.

17. wylton

wylton Naim and Mana member

Currently running Kans, but I could easily go back to SBLs. I got rid of mine to scratch an Isobarik itch that I had at the time.

18. norliss

norliss pfm Member

Thanks for your reply - that sounds good. From where did you purchase yours, may I ask?

19. InSides

InSides pfm Member

From a local dealer in Skopje. :)

20. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

[​IMG]
    Possibly the most ridiculous thing on here, but it amuses me. My (temporary) workshop system - you can see the regular amplifier off to the side.

Chromecast audio (radio paradise) into a monstrous EWA class A amplifier, feeding tiny little JPW Sonata loudspeakers!

It is seriously distracting, it sounds so good... The amplifier is probably capable of setting fire to the speakers though!!

joe9407, pembers, OldSkool and 9 others like this.