advertisement

New Naim streamer preamp

It looks much better than anticipated, the volume knob has still not grown on me though...even if i am sure it probably works better than the Alps pot.

Now i am quite unsure why one would rather choose a SN3/NDX2 over a NSC222/250 combo, with or without an added power supply. for the streamer. It seems to come out at a very similar price point.

Why on earth having such trouble running a marketing forum, is beyond me.
Bet RD moderates 24/7 - nobody can do this on the long term.

Reminds me a bit like Russia or China..everything seem forbidden or restricted
They have yet to throw people in Salisbury jail though.

Why not? It is a forum run by the manufacturer, therefore it seems logical that it is moderated in this way. It is rather childish to post leaked pictures, perfectly knowing that it is not allowed on the forum.

If there is going to be a ‘100’ series perhaps that implies a range of half-width products? A half-width power amp to partner something like the Atom HE would be a nice addition, I think.

So seems the 200 series may be based on the 222+250, while the 300s possibly all separates level and may be the NSS333 launched soon over the next month or so on its own or with a new pre-amp and a new NAP300?

As EPear says, there must be a new line of preamps to go with this.
At least this shows commitment to separates, which is great, even if I can't afford them!! I've been going on about new preamps for years...

Have to admit, that a half width cased 100 Series streamer would go very nicely with my Chrome Bumper NAIT2! And with a NAIT50 as suggested by @Alex N too!

Stating the obvious, but I'm sure there'll be quite a few NAC-N272s to hit the used market in the coming weeks and wonder what this launch will do to their value.

NSC222/250 well thats my downsize system sorted in 5 years time when it’s half the price. . Always hated the thought of Uniti even though they look nice.

Why not? It is a forum run by the manufacturer, therefore it seems logical that it is moderated in this way. It is rather childish to post leaked pictures, perfectly knowing that it is not allowed on the forum.
In what way is it childish?! The pictures and info had already been posted on a dealers website, so the release was already out there. And yes, it was me that posted on the Naim forum!

ah, that is already deleted

Thought that might happen...

Naim-Audio-NSC-222-New-Classic.jpg

Naim-Audio-NSC-222-New-Classic-7.jpg

Naim-Audio-NSC-222-New-Classic-3.jpg

I have a little bit of sympathy for poor Richard Dane, who even as we speak must be confined to staring at his computer screen for the next 3 plus hours, making sure he catches, and deletes, any “rogue” posts appearing before the embargo deadline!

In what way is it childish?! The pictures and info had already been posted on a dealers website, so the release was already out there. And yes, it was me that posted on the Naim forum!

There were some pictures posted weeks or months ago which were removed for obvious reasons. People who do that know very well that it will be deleted.

Of course none of us is supposed to know about any release embargo date so if you found todays pictures on a dealers website it is no big deal. But it is also ok if the moderator closes these threads on his forum and wants to reveal his products in due time.

So seems the 200 series may be based on the 222+250, while the 300s possibly all separates level and may be the NSS333 launched soon over the next month or so on its own or with a new pre-amp and a new NAP300?

The 300-level system should look like that:
The 200-level system is simply
And can be upgraded with "300"-level components to end up at a "2.50"(?) level :D

I would imagine that Naim wants to simplify the product range, as well as the naming. So bye bye NAPSC/Flatcap/Hicap(?)

I wouldn't expect a 100-level range though. Uniti covers that level of performance for the modern world.

Few more hours to go! :eek:

advertisement

Back