advertisement

New Naim streamer preamp

Seems like a good system and looks better than the earlier pictures. Still not sure about the step but maybe looks better in the flesh / takes some getting used to. Anyone know how much?

Looks nice, hope they can use the entire display though for artwork.

On the Green forum the old post has been removed and a new one today closed already.
Not sure how Billy Vee has got around the 2pm embargo.

The inclusion of spotify in the marketing image seems a strange choice. Who would want to listen to MP3’s on a system of this quality? Perhaps Spotify paid them a ‘product placement’ fee. Presumably the front panel is a touch screen for which you can customise which streaming services appear as icons.

I still question the need for any screen on the preamp - it is far more comfortable to control everything from an ipad and this avoids the need for expensive screen replacement every 7 years.

My guess on the prices is £7299 for the preamp and £5499 for the NAP250.

Thanks for the links Caledon.

• Uses Naim’s latest NP800 streaming card with LVDS balanced digital signals for low noise. Stream internet radio stations, music from Spotify Connect, Apple Music, Tidal (and Tidal Connect), Qobuz, AirPlay 2, Chromecast, UPnP servers, USB attached storage and Roon ready.

What is very interesting for me is that it mentions streaming support for Apple Music as opposed to Airplay/Airplay 2. Does this mean it will natively stream directly from Apple Music. It would be great if it does as that would be a big step forward for me in terms of the Apple Music 'connect' type integration outside the Apple products.

Thanks,
ASenna04

Buy whatever you like of course but Linn/Naim pricing has left me long behind. It took me around a month of saving and not eating to have enough for an LP12/32.5/HC/250 in about 1982. Now it would take me years.

Well I think they look fabulous! Interesting naming of the new PS too. I now wonder what will happen to the NAP300? Not so sure about the inclusion of a MM phono stage as most buyers at this level will probably be using MC on their record players.

No mention of the NSS 333 streamer on the Billy (I'm a naughty boy) Vee website though, perhaps that's due later in the year?

I suppose it’s to encourage you to invest in their new outboard phono stage instead - or just buy a suitable step-up…?

It looks like there is a separate module for the phono stage, as it has a separate reference NVC 331....mmmm.
I don't need one as I have Urika, so maybe a few pennies saved if you don't spec it.

Certainly looks better than on earlier pics

Not sure about the middle step cabinet ?
Might be attempt to visual two half-width (most liked ?) into one ?
Anyway a dust trap modernzisesation.(or how to spell?)
Attempt to force owners to change all their kit, whenever its released ?

100W, they are tired of questioning if its powerfull enough.
0.5 w stand-by, thats good.

Exiting to hear what improvements (if any) people hear, now when the dust settled.
Bet it won't be cheap

On the Green forum the old post has been removed and a new one today closed already.

Why on earth having such trouble running a marketing forum, is beyond me.
Bet RD moderates 24/7 - nobody can do this on the long term.

Reminds me a bit like Russia or China..everything seem forbidden or restricted
They have yet to throw people in Salisbury jail though.

advertisement

Back