advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took you off ignore just to see if you’ve wised up. So there are no recognised benefits to Brexit because “remainers” don’t accept Brexit and not because Brexit was fundamentally a shit idea in the first place. Righto. :rolleyes:

Took you off ignore just to see if you’ve wised up.

lol-zhivago1955.gif

Took you off ignore just to see if you’ve wised up. So there are no recognised benefits to Brexit because “remainers” don’t accept Brexit and not because Brexit was fundamentally a shit idea in the first place. Righto. :rolleyes:
As ever, a total misrepresentation on your part of what I said. Where did I say any of that?

MEGA? Anyway, you should be lecturing the nationalists, the people who undermined the Labour party, the tory voters and those who refuse to support the opposition to the tories. There was plenty of opportunity for there to be no brexit. Many of those who complain the loudest are part of why it has happened.

Make England Great Again. Brexit should really be called Engxit, but it's just not as catchy...

It’s like full circle again. I said 6 years ago there will never be a benefit of brexit accepted by the uncompromising minority who don’t respect the outcome of a democratic referendum.

A genuine question Brian - of those who voted for Brexit back in the day, do you believe the majority would still agree that leaving the EU was the correct decision ?

It’s like full circle again. I said 6 years ago there will never be a benefit of brexit accepted by the uncompromising minority who don’t respect the outcome of a democratic referendum.
No, we respected democracy. We love democracy. We just wanted another referendum when even the numb ****s who voted for it in 2016 could see, because the information was in, that it was a shit idea with zero upsides. Now would be great time. So are you a democrat or are you happy suppressing democracy?

Firstly, despite a fair amount of relatively open-minded searching I've yet to hear of any benefit to Brexit to accept, so the first bit is somewhat moot. But secondly, accepting the outcome of a democratic process does not require one to cease all criticism of the outcome. Most democratic processes can be reversed within 4 or 5 years if the populus so decides. Arguments for a second referendum when the facts were better known is merely arguing for more democracy, not undermining it.

As ever, a total misrepresentation on your part of what I said. Where did I say any of that?
I have a lot of time for what you say but it would be so much easier if you would speak plainly instead of playing silly linguistic games.

….and then I think that I really shouldn’t take pfm seriously and that it is much more fun posting gags.

A genuine question Brian - of those who voted for Brexit back in the day, do you believe the majority would still agree that leaving the EU was the correct decision ?
I have no idea. Genuine answer. What difference would it make? 3 years after the referendum there was an opportunity to mitigate it but the tories won a huge majority, helped by everyone who did not support Labour in a seat they previously held or were 2nd. Perhaps you should ask those people why they did not support a change in govt?

Asked those who voted Leave. Or Nigel Fürage...
Can you be clearer about what you are asking? You seem to be suggesting or implying something with these topic shifts. What is it? Spit it out.

No, we respected democracy. We love democracy. We just wanted another referendum when even the numb ****s who voted for it in 2016 could see, because the information was in, that it was a shit idea with zero upsides. Now would be great time. So are you a democrat or are you happy suppressing democracy?
You should have supported Labour and encouraged others to do the same.

The referendum was a democratic operation. You don’t define democracy by the result going one particular way, nor do you keep having more votes until you get the result you want. I am more of a democrat than you will ever be.

Firstly, despite a fair amount of relatively open-minded searching I've yet to hear of any benefit to Brexit to accept, so the first bit is somewhat moot. But secondly, accepting the outcome of a democratic process does not require one to cease all criticism of the outcome. Most democratic processes can be reversed within 4 or 5 years if the populus so decides. Arguments for a second referendum when the facts were better known is merely arguing for more democracy, not undermining it.
I agree.

Do you agree that believing brexit had to happen because that was the outcome of the referendum justifies the misrepresentation of my position by certain members of this forum? I notice no criticism from you of the nonsense from Colin L.

I have a lot of time for what you say but it would be so much easier if you would speak plainly instead of playing silly linguistic games.

….and then I think that I really shouldn’t take pfm seriously and that it is much more fun posting gags.
I don’t play linguistic games, that’s for others. Which bit isn’t plain from what I posted yesterday? It looks clear to me and my position always has been clear. I don’t support brexit, I don’t think it was a good idea, there was no need for brexit at all and no need for a tory hard brexit in particular. There is more to it than the people who voted leave. Much more. Is that not clear?

You do if 'you' are the EU. Which, of course, is one of the reasons why this democracy voted to leave the EU.

And are they any better for voting Leave?
They are not, so what is the point other than a theoretical gain?
All it’s done is put the worst scum in No.10 and no chance to make this democracy democratic. FPTP, illegal suspension of democracy/parliament with no repercussions, 3 unelected Prime Ministers, changed to complicate young people’s voting…

It’s one dumb goal that’s not even real

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back