advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

We watched “The Truffle Hunters” via Apple TV last night. A lovely, charming, absorbing story about the old contadinos living in deeply rural Piemonte who hunt truffles with dogs, and the challenges they now face.

Nasty, immoral Upper Class folk being thoroughly beastly to each other. I thought it was superb, the sort of drama the Beeb excels at. Both Claire Foy and Paul Bettany were excellent. I remember this scandal breaking in the press, the more sordid details of which were a bit foggy, but as a teenager I had a pretty good idea what they were.

Aye two scumbags let a woman take all of the flak and continued on with their life and careers without a thought to how she would get through the sh I te.

So much for honour.

As for her 'husband' ? A total Bstard, a liar and a thief.

She was 'abused' by a fine English gentleman actor when she was fifteen and became pregnant by him then her father 'arranged' for her to have an abortion she subsequently suffered eight miscarriages and a baby still born yet the judge vilified her with not one word said against the men who took advantage of her.

Anyone here watch The Cockfields?

Weirdly addictive for a series that has me cringing so often.

Edit: it’s on Gold.

It took a bit of getting used to Gregor Fisher replacing Bobby Ball but the new series was very good. Heavy on the cringe but that makes the funny bits even better.

A middle-class "Royle Family" for the 2020s.

Aye two scumbags let a woman take all of the flak and continued on with their life and careers without a thought to how she would get through the sh I te.

So much for honour.

As for her 'husband' ? A total Bstard, a liar and a thief.

She was 'abused' by a fine English gentleman actor when she was fifteen and became pregnant by him then her father 'arranged' for her to have an abortion she subsequently suffered eight miscarriages and a baby still born yet the judge vilified her with not one word said against the men who took advantage of her.
Sounds good!

Hawkeye on Disney, equally as good as the other Marvel spin off mini series.
Black Widow on Disney, okay and gives some context to Hawkeye and an insight to Natasha's back story.
Titans on Netflix, not bad, a bit of a convoluted storyline and quiet dark.
Stath let's Flats on C4 player, excellent, really funny, clever and quiet sad sometimes.
Young Offenders on BBC iplayer, excellent, again really funny, clever and quiet sad sometimes.
Both of these comedy series have a similar feel to 'This Country' , top quality IMHO.
A Great British Scandal, excellent performances by both Claire Foy and Paul Bettany.
That's been my Christmas binge watch list, I'm looking forward to watching the Book of Boba Fett (Disney) and Normal people (BBC) if still available.

I forgot about 'Dopesick' on Netflix, a story of Oxycontin addiction and the corrupt big Pharma company Purdue owned by the Sackler family, excellent, I'd heard of Oxy in but had no idea as to the extent of the damage this did.

We also watched Ep 1 of Boba Fett last night. Good intro episode. Disney are releasing one episode a week by the looks of it. Won’t bother me, but might press a button with others.

I forgot about 'Dopesick' on Netflix, a story of Oxycontin addiction and the corrupt big Pharma company Purdue owned by the Sackler family, excellent, I'd heard of Oxy in but had no idea as to the extent of the damage this did.

Excellent series, why the Sackler family are not in prison after killing hundreds of thousands of people is beyond me.

Excellent series, why the Sackler family are not in prison after killing hundreds of thousands of people is beyond me.

Will watch this, along similar lines....

The pharmacist is another riveting documentary on Netflix, after the death of his son he does some digging.

S

Just started watching Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime after slogging through all the books. I am not sure it will go the distance on the screen but not too bad so far (just 3 episodes) but a waste of Rosamund Pike, but suppose they needed at least 1 star. Can’t see where the supposed $10M an episode came from unless it was her wages.

Caught up with this, also not familiar with the story but it was ok. If you watch things like The Witcher then this will trot along nicely enough.

advertisement

Back