advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Get Back - the story of the Beatles last public appearance - is tremendous, involving, absorbing and intimate. Watching and listening to music being created is a rare privilege. Listening to Paul explore chords and words for Get Back is amazing - like how can he not know the words! It could’ve been Daphne not JoJo. And when you see them in the control room listening to the four track in front of four speakers it’s superb. And Billy Preston! How he totally transformed the band! Great to see him getting a credit on every track. They did a brilliant job with AI recovering the studio sound from mono Nagra 1/4” tape. Anyhow, well worth the 8 hours and a months sub to Disney.

The Sound recordist deserves a medal for his professionalism and output, the sound is astounding and yes the intimacy with the Fabs is ecstasy

Tehran on AppleTV gripped me. I think it's an Israeli product and is a macabre study of tyranny and notional democracy in a ME ruling dynasty..an imaginary combine of Syria, Jordan and a Gulf state over 20 years with interesting characters who are both real and pastiches and of course psycopathic. Great plots and actuality.

The Sound recordist deserves a medal for his professionalism and output, the sound is astounding and yes the intimacy with the Fabs is ecstasy
Yes, I agree. We found an interview with Peter Jackson in which he explained how they had to develop new AI based demixing audio wizardry to separate out the instruments and voices so they could be remixed from the mono nagra tapes which often weren’t intelligible.

Yes, I agree. We found an interview with Peter Jackson in which he explained how they had to develop new AI based demixing audio wizardry to separate out the instruments and voices so they could be remixed from the mono nagra tapes which often weren’t intelligible.

Yowza I shall enjoy this..was the recordist called Les Parrot? No it was Pete Sutton on the Nagra and mixer ..Sutton was part of the camera/director team ...I wonder if Peter is still around...even Mr floating Mike who is usually in shot saved so much for us who knew and love them but the future will benefit from this dedication..irrespective of wether one gets the Beatles or not I think this documentary will be seen as a high point of insight into musical genius and their gestalt..pseudo corner I know but such a fascinating film, in a class of its own

Last edited:
Just watching iron fist on Netflix, a marvel spin off from 2017, pretty dark in the same vain as Daredevil am enjoying it.

Just watching iron fist on Netflix, a marvel spin off from 2017, pretty dark in the same vain as Daredevil am enjoying it.
Put in a weeks leave request at work, stock up on the popcorn and binge this lot, pretty much all excellent and a few seasons were standout.

Here is a quick summary of what order you should watch all 13 seasons of the Marvel Netflix series in 2022:
  1. Daredevil, Season 1
  2. Jessica Jones, Season 1
  3. Daredevil, Season 2
  4. Luke Cage, Season 1
  5. Iron Fist, Season 1
  6. The Defenders, Limited Series
  7. The Punisher, Season 1
  8. Jessica Jones, Season 2
  9. Luke Cage, Season 2
  10. Iron Fist, Season 2
  11. Daredevil, Season 3
  12. The Punisher, Season 2
  13. Jessica Jones, Season 3

Wow AA
Thanks for that already blown it by doing all of daredevil and now Ironfist up to episode 6, will switch orders as of today. You missed out the one that ties them all together on Netflix I.e, the Defenders. Which is what made me seek out Iron fist.

Ta much.

Wow AA
Thanks for that already blown it by doing all of daredevil and now Ironfist up to episode 6, will switch orders as of today. You missed out the one that ties them all together on Netflix I.e, the Defenders. Which is what made me seek out Iron fist.

Ta much.
Number 6 :) After Iron Fist 1

Don’t Look Up on Netflix was hugely entertaining

I agree - very funny in places :)

By chance, I turned the TV on last week just as Blade Runner 2049 was starting. I'd not seen any of the Blade Runner films before, and thought this was pretty good, so rented the original Blade Runner film a couple of days later, and am now half way through reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep!

We've just finished Season 2 of Another life on Netflix. We enjoyed it. A slightly different slant on Nasty Aliens From Outer Space - and who better than Starbuck to sort them out?

Saw ‘Don’t Look Up’ a few days ago. Neither of us enjoyed it, painful in its righteousness and not funny. Streep couldn’t save it even on full Ham mode. Clumsy - Thee right on film of the moment.

Gave ‘Baby Driver’ another go.
Excellent pace, John Hamm plays a baddie very well.
Ansel Elgort is plain enough to fulfill the main role, especially when reacting to the music.
One of the better ‘curated’ soundtracks, which is intrinsic to the story and is cleverly intertwined with the on screen action. The drum break in ? Hocus Pocus or maybe Radar Love ? synchronised to the gun shots from the automatic rifle is fab. The lyrics to one tune are acted out and/or illustrated in the action, well done without being distracting.
Kevin Spacey aside, most entertaining. again.

Edgar Wright is quite a talent, and we look forward to seeing his film about the Sparks brothers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8610436/

available on amazon prime.

Just watched Mr Jones on Amazon - good film with James Norton ( McMafia ) based on a true and little known story.

I forgot about 'Dopesick' on Netflix, a story of Oxycontin addiction and the corrupt big Pharma company Purdue owned by the Sackler family, excellent, I'd heard of Oxy in but had no idea as to the extent of the damage this did.

Are you UK based, just had a look and it does not seem available to me?

S

advertisement

Back