advertisement

Bloodhound LSR. Some cool footage and some news.

So that’s the end of the Bloodhound High Speed Trials. What the team needs now is a sponsor, as the next planned trip in 12-18 months time will include use of the rocket motor and attempts at 800 and 1,000mph. Expensive!

Love it.

I was reading that as the speed increases the wheels will only be using the top 3 or so mum of the surface as the machine lifts up and skates across the surface.

it’s fabulous tech and the information they are logging is fascinating. Makes you realise quite how large the gonads of the Breedlove and Campbell families really are.

and when you see some of the photos from those days... oh boy...

It's difficult to process pictures like this with what we know now, obviously at the time they were on the bleeding edge but at the same time utter madness.

You think Andy Green needs big bollocks to get into Bloodhound, ask him how big they'd need to be before he got into the above.

The amount of steering input is eye opening, hopefully that's not direct and it's geared down or something!

Just to be clear - and while not backed-up by a second pass in the hour - that Bloodhound run is in principle quicker than Gary Gabelich record in the Blue Flame 1970: and therefore - only has Thrust2 and Thrust SSc to surpass (!) for the LSR. Looking at the Programme management and the lack of surprises, issues, parts failures to date in testing, and the sheer ability to closely-achieve the target run-profiles - surely the best -prepared effort to do that, to date.

And this in year 1 of 'High speed testing'. A phenomenal achievement borne out of .. the things I said above.

Got the look of 'Blue Flame' about it that one. A single rocket sounds bonkers, it will be some spectacle for sure!

There might be a bit of a LSR battle next year...

The Aussies are trumping Bloodhounds measly 135,000 HP (derived from jet and rocket) for simply lighting a single 200,000 HP rocket on its own... 0-1000 mph in 20 seconds is what happens next.:eek:

Those crazy Aussies.

https://drivetribe.com/p/aussie-inv...NmfMQ_-XU_mCmwyV3Q?iid=S2TGch3NTL2mj2xihC6sBQ

What an awful article! Full of “buts” which ain’t going to get the record.
I wish them luck, but I can’t see it beating Bloodhound ‘if’ Bloodhound can get the sponsorship.

Very out of date article too.

What an awful article! Full of “buts” which ain’t going to get the record.
I wish them luck, but I can’t see it beating Bloodhound ‘if’ Bloodhound can get the sponsorship.

Very out of date article too.

Very typical Australian attitude! Don’t know what stage it’s at, but they were hoping for 2020 runs. (Well, I say runs... more likely just one ‘run’ and hope for the best!!)

From the Aussie Invader website:

“6. Fuel Tank – Contains 400 litres of turpentine. This will accelerate Aussie Invader 5R from a standing start to 1000mph in just over 20 seconds.”

:) :) :)

advertisement

Back