advertisement

Bloodhound LSR. Some cool footage and some news.

I’ll guess that this is it. Not many businesses filled with any confidence and spare cash at the mo.

Not many businesses filled with any confidence and spare cash at the mo.

Shame really - he seems to suggest that £8m would do it perhaps £10m with contingency. One might imagine the likes of Al Sugar, R Branson, J Ratcliffe, J Dyson, etc etc could club together and sponsor for supporting an engineering projec..........

All money they have wasted on HS2, it’s a drop in the salt pan compared to what they need.

Pete

Trouble is, a project like this just swallows cash, and the way things are it's not exactly a high priority.

Not just very hungry for cash.. it’s a difficult one to sponsor if anything goes wrong... they haven’t even lit the rocket yet and surely that’s the dangerous bit?

I know the owner of Zip firefighting products - should I email? Would be a good match!

Not just very hungry for cash.. it’s a difficult one to sponsor if anything goes wrong... they haven’t even lit the rocket yet and surely that’s the dangerous bit?

I know the owner of Zip firefighting products - should I email? Would be a good match!

Ooooh! I see what you did there ;)

Excellent documentary on C4 last night showing the runs up to 1010kph, as noted at the time above.

CHE

Excellent documentary on C4 last night showing the runs up to 1010kph, as noted at the time above.

indeed but stills needs £8m to go any further. We had a student on placement with the team, and the docu was intended as an extended advert to publicise the >1000kph to attract sponsors

It’ll be going nowhere, and the car will be stripped to pay off some debt. I should think the engine will go back to the RAF.
A real shame it never used the rocket motor.

I'm all for this sort of Boys Own stuff.. but I think we have rather more important research issues to deal with at present.

Also.. I'm not sure anyone ever discussed the chances of the driver/pilot surviving any sort of mishap.

“Andy, wanna drive a car at, oh I dunno, 1,000mph+ if all goes well?”

“Er. Is it dangerous? Will it boost my ego?”

advertisement

Back