advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Bale has bailed out of Real to sail over to the China Seas. I think he has a million reasons for doing this.

Gareth Bale is set to join Jiangsu Suning on a £1m per week contract, according to The Guardian. This will make him the highest paid footballer in the world. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ng-on-1m-a-week-contract-real-madrid-football

"Bale has been a linked with a move to China since last weekend and following Zinedine Zidane’s strongly worded comments regarding his future at Real Madrid. The Frenchman said the Spanish club were “working on his exit” and expected a deal with an unnamed club to be “imminent”.

That's a shame. Stamford Bridge would be the natural place for him to transfer to. Mind you Chelsea can't buy players this window or the next.

Jack

Gareth Bale is set to join Jiangsu Suning on a £1m per week contract, according to The Guardian. This will make him the highest paid footballer in the world. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ng-on-1m-a-week-contract-real-madrid-football

"Bale has been a linked with a move to China since last weekend and following Zinedine Zidane’s strongly worded comments regarding his future at Real Madrid. The Frenchman said the Spanish club were “working on his exit” and expected a deal with an unnamed club to be “imminent”.

That's a shame. Stamford Bridge would be the natural place for him to transfer to. Mind you Chelsea can't buy players this window or the next.

Jack
I do agree that Bale would fit right in to Chelsea’s style of play, but I’d still rather see CHO playing down the wing. He’s the future, Bale’s an old man

So the Bale deal has stalled. Something to do with a transfer fee and injuries at Real. A life of penury awaits the poor man now that the £1m a week looks to have been kicked into the long grass. Could it be the ultimate FU from Zidane?

Rumors of Coutinho returning to Liverpool continue to swirl, but Barca may be asking too high a price.

Am of two minds. Can't have enough talent and flexibility, but wonder what it might do to team chemistry.

Rumors of Coutinho returning to Liverpool continue to swirl, but Barca may be asking too high a price.

Am of two minds. Can't have enough talent and flexibility, but wonder what it might do to team chemistry.

Klopp quashed that rumour , unless it's a bluff .

Liverpool suffered a heavy 3-0 loss to Napoli seven days before their domestic campaign begins against Manchester City in the Community Shield.

Liverpool have made it four pre-season games without a win. City for the league again?

Watched Chelsea beat Reading at Myjetski today. Always better to see the real thing to see what players are about, what they do without the ball, how they move and exploit the space around them with it. Rather impressed with Mason Mount. Still finds time to get his head up in tight situations and deliver a pass, and score a couple. Early days I know, but lots of early promise too.

Looking forward to seeing more.

God bless the transfer ban

Watched Chelsea beat Reading at Myjetski today. Always better to see the real thing to see what players are about, what they do without the ball, how they move and exploit the space around them with it. Rather impressed with Mason Mount. Still finds time to get his head up in tight situations and deliver a pass, and score a couple. Early days I know, but lots of early promise too.

Looking forward to seeing more.

God bless the transfer ban
Glad you got home in one piece.;)
Mount does look an excellent prospect but my goodness we need Rudy to get himself fit asap!

Glad you got home in one piece.;)
Mount does look an excellent prospect but my goodness we need Rudy to get himself fit asap!
Yes, I managed to keep myself under control to some extent, but not quite enough to stop the guy with cauliflower ears next to me giving a few dirty looks. Unfortunately that just made me worse. We got out alive regardless!

Agree about Rudy, though there were massive gaps between him and Luiz at the start of his first campaign. I’d also like to see Zouma get some game time cus I just love him. He’s such a beast!

Hats off to Chelsea for banning for life the racist scumbag who abused Raheem Sterling at the Chelsea home game last season.

What a shame the incompetent Met could not proceed for “lack of evidence”.

Not for me - I think Liverpool will win it at a canter.
City will huff & puff in europe like they always do and fail at the business end - like they always do.

Delusional as usual.

100 points
98 points
All domestic trophies won last season for the first time ever.
City’s total dominance isn’t about to end anytime soon.

City by 10 points from Spurs.
Then L’Pool, Leicester, Wolves, Arsenal, Chelsea.

One glimpse of Super Frank on the sidelines and every team in the premier will tremble with awe before his majesty and magnificence and fold before kick off. Chelsea will win every game at least 3-0 next season. F, 147. A, 3. GD + 144. Pts, 144

All the rest don't really matter

Hats off to Chelsea for banning for life the racist scumbag who abused Raheem Sterling at the Chelsea home game last season.

What a shame the incompetent Met could not proceed for “lack of evidence”.

Chelsea used the interpretation of two lip-readers, as well as other evidence, to ban Colin Wing for life. The club was looking at a civil rather than criminal standard of proof. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...etime-ban-supporter-accused-racially-abusing/

The Crown Prosecution Service decided not to go ahead with criminal action against Wing.

"One individual has been permanently excluded from Stamford Bridge...Prior to making its decision, the club noted the decision of the CPS not to charge this individual with a criminal offence. While the club respects the decision of the CPS, the question that it had to determine was not whether a criminal offence had been committed, but rather whether the individual acted in breach of the ticketing terms and conditions. In this regard, the club operates to the civil standard of proof, which is entirely different to the criminal standard.

"The five supporters who have been given bans between one and two years have agreed to attend educational courses and entered into agreements over their future behaviour."

It is heartening that Chelsea have taken this action. Racism needs to be kicked out of football.

Jack

One glimpse of Super Frank on the sidelines and every team in the premier will tremble with awe before his majesty and magnificence and fold before kick off. Chelsea will win every game at least 3-0 next season. F, 147. A, 3. GD + 144. Pts, 144

All the rest don't really matter
Alternatively he'll be gone by Xmas and Jose will be back in charge - either way we'll get further than Citeh in Europe.;)

Chelsea used the interpretation of two lip-readers, as well as other evidence, to ban Colin Wing for life. The club was looking at a civil rather than criminal standard of proof. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...etime-ban-supporter-accused-racially-abusing/

The Crown Prosecution Service decided not to go ahead with criminal action against Wing.

"One individual has been permanently excluded from Stamford Bridge...Prior to making its decision, the club noted the decision of the CPS not to charge this individual with a criminal offence. While the club respects the decision of the CPS, the question that it had to determine was not whether a criminal offence had been committed, but rather whether the individual acted in breach of the ticketing terms and conditions. In this regard, the club operates to the civil standard of proof, which is entirely different to the criminal standard.

"The five supporters who have been given bans between one and two years have agreed to attend educational courses and entered into agreements over their future behaviour."

It is heartening that Chelsea have taken this action. Racism needs to be kicked out of football.

Jack
I liked that for the education courses and agreements put in place on top of punishments

Frank Lampard and Chelsea have ditched Sarri-bleeding-ball, according to Ross Barkley. https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/30/ross...le-frank-lampard-ditches-sarri-ball-10486108/

Midfielders didn't often go forward and try and score under Sarri. Ruben Loftus-Cheek was the top-scoring central midfielder with just six goals. This has now dramatically changed.

‘He [Lampard] will help all the midfielders. He’s a legend of the game, he’s the highest scoring midfielder in Premier League history," says Barkley. "So we’re going to take all he has to give us from the experience he’s had."

Chelsea are lined up to have a fine season and will finish above the minging Spurs and Arsenal.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back