advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grief, season not even started and the Chelsea stooges (there were 3 regulars, but a 4th has also appeared) are all over the thread.

This season should be fun

Bloss

We're good but not even we can accumulate 144 points from a possible 114.:D
No, you are most definitely wrong. Like I said, Super Frank is a magician who can defy physics at will. He can defy mere maths just by raising an eyebrow.

"Super" Frank will bottle it at Goodison , he got pelters as a player ( always scored mind you ) but nowhere to hide on the touchline , he's in print saying he hates going there . That said Chelsea normally roll-over unless winning is an absolute necessity .

Not for me - I think Liverpool will win it at a canter.
City will huff & puff in europe like they always do and fail at the business end - like they always do.

Good to see you getting into your stride Mr W before the season has started. ;) A lot of Liverpool's best players haven't had any proper rest and as Klopp doesn't like to rotate his squad, there is no way they are going canter away with anything. It will tight again in the PL and while you might be right about city in Europe, I don't see how you are going to get into the top ten without Hazard, just have a look at how well teams live Wolves has strengthened their squads

Good to see you getting into your stride Mr W before the season has started. ;) A lot of Liverpool's best players haven't had any proper rest and as Klopp doesn't like to rotate his squad, there is no way they are going canter away with anything. It will tight again in the PL and while you might be right about city in Europe, I don't see how you are going to get into the top ten without Hazard, just have a look at how well teams live Wolves has strengthened their squads
I don't really go for pre-season warm up comments -I like to go straight for the jugular.:D
For me this Chelsea transfer ban is a massive red herring - we've signed Pulisic & Kovacic; Mason Mount looks like a top player and has signed a 5 year contract,Hudson Odoi (who would have left if Sarri had stayed) is about to sign a long term contract and best of all Ngolo Kante will be like a new signing as he'll be playing in his correct position!
All that said if you're confident that we'll finish outside the top ten and would like a friendly wager I'd be delighted to take your money.:)

Outrageous goal by Pedro lat night:)

That was a cheeky goal. Chelsea beat Salzburg 5 - 3 and Christian Pulisic scored a couple, which shows he was a great buy from Dortmund.

‘I was very impressed with the way that he took the goals,’ said Frank Lampard in the Metro. "As a winger in the Premier League, he has to adapt to that league. He is young but with huge potential and I am happy for him.’

Frank does however think Chelsea have to tighten up their defence. They're conceding too many goals.

Jack

That was a cheeky goal. Chelsea beat Salzburg 5 - 3 and Christian Pulisic scored a couple, which shows he was a great buy from Dortmund.

‘I was very impressed with the way that he took the goals,’ said Frank Lampard in the Metro. "As a winger in the Premier League, he has to adapt to that league. He is young but with huge potential and I am happy for him.’

Frank does however think Chelsea have to tighten up their defence. They're conceding too many goals.

Jack
Not sure about Pulisic. Watching him live against Reading he seemed very one footed. It seemed quite predictable that he would have to get the ball onto his right foot every time. Might be ok if he’s playing central and only has to swing a boot to get a shot off with his left once in a while, but a different matter playing wider and trying to put a cross in with his wrong foot? putting a decent cross in requires more considered contact with the ball?

I hope so. Maybe it just means we'll lose in The Champions League Final.

Jck
No, no, no. We’re going to win everything next season, everything!

Oh dear, I seem to have gone from serious to delusional in short order, must be past my bedtime.

I see all the Chelsea fans are out in force. Remember the old saying “all mouth and no trousers”. You won’t make top four this year (again), but keep digging. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back