advertisement

“That cyclist” who hit the horse.

As an ex traffic cop, I’d add that the notification re trials etc are right.

Another issue is the simple compliance regarding riding single file.

But the most amazing memory for me is lack of contrition by either riders or drivers after most crashes when it was proved they were culpable(where it was a car v bike bump). Blame/litigation culture at its finest.

Riding single file? Go on, run that one past me.

Riding single file? Go on, run that one past me.

Lol...coiled spring ready for some action with the fuzz.

Allow me to diffuse it...the highway code says cyclists should ride side by side where possible , it's safer blah blah blah.....

Lol...coiled spring ready for some action with the fuzz.

Allow me to diffuse it...the highway code says cyclists should ride side by side where possible , it's safer blah blah blah.....

SPOILSPORT.

I was hoping that ex-plod would show the ignorance of the Highway Code that many of his colleagues show.

Indeed I'd go further than that, I'd say many police officers know **** all about most aspects of the law.

So, care to elaborate on your earlier single file comment?

Not needed. You've covered it for me. I'm fully aware of the guidance you refer to.

Based on professional and personal experience.

With all police officers, or the ones you have come into contact with?

I'm not disputing for one minute that some officers don't display the correct professional attitude etc - there is enough evidence out there to make that suggestion ridiculous. Unfortunately in some cases such actions make it harder for those officers that do try their best.

Guidance? I think you'll find it's the law, mate.

They even deal with it on speed awareness courses. My youngest son was on one last week and told me.

Not needed. You've covered it for me. I'm fully aware of the guidance you refer to.

With all police officers, or the ones you have come into contact with?

I'm not disputing for one minute that some officers don't display the correct professional attitude etc - there is enough evidence out there to make that suggestion ridiculous. Unfortunately in some cases such actions make it harder for those officers that do try their best.

In fairness to all of the cracking cops out there (and there are many) most of the cops I came into contact with professionally were employed by Cleveland Police. Google them. Racists, rapists, paedophiles, petty thieves, drug dealers etc etc etc. Just lost another chief constable and when it's made public what he's been up to you'll see my point ;-)

Not wanting to stir a hornet's nest (much) but the only coppers that ever wind me up are traffic cops! I had one weave through 10 miles of traffic in rush hour a couple of years ago because his computer said my car was not insured. He was on his way to work, driving the other way to me so he turned round to nick me. It took him 20 minutes to get to me from Hull Infirmary to Brough. He then made me sit there for 20 minutes because he did not believe my insurance doc could contradict his computer. So I had to wait while someone down the station checked it all out. Then he had to drive back into town. One hour of his day wasted.

Biggest. Bellend. Ever.

And what about the ones that sit on those motorway ramps eating McDonalds.

Not wanting to stir a hornet's nest (much) but the only coppers that ever wind me up are traffic cops! I had one weave through 10 miles of traffic in rush hour a couple of years ago because his computer said my car was not insured. He was on his way to work, driving the other way to me so he turned round to nick me. It took him 20 minutes to get to me from Hull Infirmary to Brough. He then made me sit there for 20 minutes because he did not believe my insurance doc could contradict his computer. So I had to wait while someone down the station checked it all out. Then he had to drive back into town. One hour of his day wasted.

Mmm several options to respond to this. I’ll go with the fact that we all have to pay an increased premium due to uninsured drivers. If the computer says no insurance, then it’s worth checking out. How was he supposed to know you were insured?

It can also lead to other offences, which would not be known until the car had been stopped. Lots of what-ifs.

I’m not going to respond to your bellend comment. That’s your POV. As for the food comment, damn I missed the order on not being allowed to eat in view of the public.

Fwiw I’m no longer a serving officer, btw.

advertisement

Back