advertisement

“That cyclist” who hit the horse.

There’s a bigger point here, which is that if people don’t take a stand against low level antisocial behaviour, standards get eroded. I guess you might be too busy being a productive member of society to notice.
Something like that. Honestly I could not find the time to report someone for parking on a pavement that nearly accidentally hit me with their trailer. Kids to get to school. boxes to pack, accounts to do etc etc

Something like that. Honestly I could not find the time to report someone for parking on a pavement that nearly accidentally hit me with their trailer. Kids to get to school. boxes to pack, accounts to do etc etc
Rich, it probably took me less time to report it than it did for you to do your six posts giving a commentary. Generally speaking, while I accept I might be fair game once I step onto a road, I do draw the line at someone coming onto the pavement to get me. I had a friend who was killed, walking to work on the pavement, by a driver.

What law did he break that you have evidence of?

S3a Road Traffic Act will fit this - driving w/out reasonable consideration for other road users. The pavement is part of a road (as defined). Local bye law not needed, and probably not what the police will interview the van driver for.

I'd have thought they would have much better things to do with their time up there; heroin, wife beating, racism etc.
They have. However they also know that any crims start small. This isn't to say that the guy littering or driving on the pavement goes on to be a wife beater and a murderer, but ignoring minor matters leads to a ratcheting up of what is deemed acceptable.

I’m one of those retired people you seem to have such a low opinion of. I spend quite a bit of my time taking children to school and looking after even younger ones ON FOOT. It’s sometimes quite difficult with cars, trailers, vans and lorries parked on the pavement. I suppose you drive yours around and park all over the place.

S3a Road Traffic Act will fit this - driving w/out reasonable consideration for other road users. The pavement is part of a road (as defined). Local bye law not needed, and probably not what the police will interview the van driver for.

I bet they don’t interview him at all.

I’m one of those retired people you seem to have such a low opinion of. I spend quite a bit of my time taking children to school and looking after even younger ones ON FOOT. It’s sometimes quite difficult with cars, trailers, vans and lorries parked on the pavement. I suppose you drive yours around and park all over the place.
Alas no....I have a van parked at work. I use an e-bike mostly, even to take the kids to school.....

Alas no....I have a van parked at work. I use an e-bike mostly, even to take the kids to school.....

I used to wheel my push bike and carry the youngest while the oldest walked alongside. There weren’t so many cars parked on the pavement in those days though.

advertisement

Back