advertisement

Ghastly expressions you want to see the back of in 2011

As in 'lovin the haircut, clothes... McDondals I'm lovin it. If my children start to use that phrase I will consider reducing their pocket money until they stop.

"pins"......legs

"penned" ....when something has been written. Whose to say they didn't use a frigging pencil?

Implementing action plans proactively with key stakeholders... unless you're Buffy about to meet Faith in the cemetery to stake vamps as they rise from the grave.

Implementing action plans proactively with key stakeholders... unless you're Buffy about to meet Faith in the cemetery to stake vamps as they rise from the grave.

Give us a few weeks and I'll be another fully paid-up Buffologist!

The set arrived overnight from the Channel Islands to SE London!

I know it's a Big Ask, but you gotta accept that language moves on, don't you know?

Moving forward (already ridiculed by Zappa in Tinseltown Rebellion in the 80s; it's a persistent one), legacy types who just don't get it will be right-sized. We need all stakeholders pulling in the same direction..

Keep it authentic.

(to anyone wanting a bit of fun at the expense of management types I recommend Lucy Kellaway's Monday columns in the FT. She makes a living by ridiculing management speak.)

(Stakeholders inevitably conjures an image in my mind of Roman Polanski in The Fearless Vampire Killers (Pardon me, but your teeth are in my neck) or a Neandertal walking around with a choice bit of sirloin)

Basil,

Give us a few weeks and I'll be another fully paid-up Buffologist!
Buffologist, yes. But not a Certified Buffologist.

That title can be conferred only upon those who have had full Buffy training, not the Luke Skywalker types who bugger off to save Han and Leia from Darth before complete is their training.

Nothing more will I teach you today.

Joe

advertisement

Back