advertisement

Ghastly expressions you want to see the back of in 2011

Simples too. i hate it and meercats. i hate meercats.

Kit too. calling yr naim boxes and fine tt 'kit' is moronic.

'So..' starting sentences, especially replies to answers with: 'So..' -gets my goat- & whether or not its an 'expression'.. I couldn't give a monkey's :)

And the very worst expression Ive ever heard.. 'More Forwards Please'. Its both terrible english and clearly thought up by fat japanese execs, with terrible english.

"gutted" ....I loath beyond words

At one time it was considered highly offensive ( I recall a new reader quoting it from some thing a thug had said with obvious intense distaste)now it is even occasionally getting into print.

Gutting is something that happens to fish.

others

ramped up (why can't we say increased?)

your "take" on a subject ( so, "you understanding"??)

up beat/down beat (positive/negative?) Even my sister [so help me God] used this recently

theres far more annoying things than words. How sensitised have you become , so that words are more annoying than the shit that goes on in front of your face and you turn a blind eye to it all ... I cant believe how sad you have become.

In my case 'going forward'.

V. similar, but not quite. My daughter uses it all the time. She has been suitably threatened.

I heard that expression a lot in the last permanent job I had up until 6 years ago when redundancy spared me any further instance of it! Have not heard it much since though.

advertisement

Back