1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Van attack at Finsbury park mosque.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Philim, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Philim

Philim pfm Member

About 7 injured.

2. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

3. deanf

deanf pfm Member

4. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

EDL/UKIP terrorist then

One confirmed death

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

6. fay spook

fay spook pfm Member

Blinking madness. If the idiot who did this thinks it will achieve anything.......

As ever, it's just ordinary people going about their business who are suffering. I see there's reports of one death. Appalling as that is at least there isn't another large death toll.

F-ing nutters. I hope this is an isolated attack.

7. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

I am glad he was arrested, send him down forever.

8. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Looks that way doesn't it... only it'll get labelled as a "revenge" attack if it is one of their lot.

9. merlin

merlin Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.

BBC Headline.

Where's your ****ing consistency?

Terrorism.

10. fay spook

fay spook pfm Member

And some worry more about a BBC headlines rather than the content of the article - I'm sure the headlines will change- than concern over the poor victims. What a perspective.

11. kendo

kendo gloominati

I know where you're coming from Merlin but at least they quoted - Home Secretary Amber Rudd said the attack is being treated by the police "as a terrorist incident."

12. merlin

Headlines set agendas Fay.

Why should I keep grieving for victims? Why not use that time trying to save others?

13. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Will the DM have the neck this time to spin it as they did with Thomas Mair? "Mental health issues, helped his neighbours, pushed beyond his limits, worried sick he was going to lose his home because the council were going to use it to house immigrant family"?

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Sky are describing it as a terror incident. The police are describing it as a terrorist incident.

The restraint of the Muslim community in restraining/detaining the terrorist until police arrived deserves much respect. They appear to have handled this with great control and dignity.

I only hope that after this and the terrorist murder of Jo Cox we as a society look a little more closely as to how these idiots become radicalised in our midst.

15. merlin

I would imagine that mental health will be involved somewhere along the line and the public should be asking questions about the continued cuts in mental health support services within the NHS. Referrals have risen by 20% in recent years and the government has responded by cutting the budget by 10%.....

16. richgilb

richgilb I'd have voted out lol....

I don't think it is appropriate to link parties like that, however unpleasant they are, to murderers / terrorists. It doesn't really help, does it.

17. richgilb

richgilb I'd have voted out lol....

Radio 4 are describing it as terror. Maybe too much BBC bashing these days?

18. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Cuts to our NHS and policing have a lot to answer for, they need reversing now.

19. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Spot on.

20. merlin

The quote was from the BBC at the time. No mention of the word "attack" or "terrorism" or "suspected terrorist". I felt that was inconsistent with what I have seen when Islamists have been responsible for atrocities. I could be wrong as my memory is shot but it was an instinctive reaction.