advertisement

Van attack at Finsbury park mosque.

I don't think it is appropriate to link parties like that, however unpleasant they are, to murderers / terrorists. It doesn't really help, does it.

Why not? There is little doubt hate propaganda radicalises people. Take Thomas Mair and the truly repugnant Britain First.

We need to be consistent; if Islamist hate preachers and hate sites are banned and viewed as incitement to terrorism etc, as IMO they should be, then so should racist shit like Britain First, the EDL, BNP etc. Some of the hate-spouting gutter tabloids should watch their backs too.

Why not? There is little doubt hate propaganda radicalises people. Take Thomas Mair and the truly repugnant Britain First.

We need to be consistent; if Islamist hate preachers and hate sites are banned and viewed as incitement to terrorism etc, as IMO they should be, then so should racist shit like Britain First, the EDL, BNP etc. Some of the hate-spouting gutter tabloids should watch their backs too.
You can add the plethora of Neocon think-tanks and their members to that list Tony.

I am not really sure what Edl say but I don't think UKIP are in that area of encouraging violence.

UKIP might not encourage violence but they do encourage a cultural divide.

EDL are outright nasty b@st@rds, ex football hooligans and the like, out for trouble.

I am not really sure what Edl say but I don't think UKIP are in that area of encouraging violence.

UKIP stop just short, they point the finger of blame, sow the seeds of division and scapegoating, but stop just short of advocating violence. The EDL, Britain First etc actually mobilise train loads of thugs to intimidate minority areas and only fail in their violent aims due to meeting a strong police presence as their movements are well advertised. They are terror groups IMHO.

Their leader has positioned ukip as the anti- Muslim party. The prior leader had himself photographed in front of a billboard with Refugees and the slogan "Breaking Point". The less enlightened members take that as a call to action. Whistle and the dogs will come.

A Muslim guy on tv this morning said, terrorism has no religion, never a truer word spoken.

Another lone wolf terrorist attack, it cannot be underestimated how important this is, labelling terrorism with any religion or political party is utterly stupid behavior & for the gutter press not PFM I would have thought.

A Muslim guy on tv this morning said, terrorism has no religion, never a truer word spoken.

Another lone wolf terrorist attack, it cannot be underestimated how important this is, labelling terrorism with any religion or political party is utterly stupid behavior & for the gutter press not PFM I would have thought.

Exactly my point, but written better.

The quote was from the BBC at the time. No mention of the word "attack" or "terrorism" or "suspected terrorist". I felt that was inconsistent with what I have seen when Islamists have been responsible for atrocities. I could be wrong as my memory is shot but it was an instinctive reaction.
Maybe they waiting until they actually KNEW what happened...stupid of them ofc, but...

Absolutely!

I saw an article early this morning branding it has a "revenge attack"! Revenge on who? And what for? Who writes these things? It's a terror attack, nothing less.

Absolutely!

I saw an article early this morning branding it has a "revenge attack"! Revenge on who? And what for? Who writes these things? It's a terror attack, nothing less.
This is the problem, the press have a lot to answer for in this regard, if you want to take revenge for any of the recent terrorist attacks i'm afraid it's too late, the culprits are all dead.

You have to admire how the Muslim community dealt with this guy, hats off to them, it goes to show how real Muslims react to such a situation, it's such a shame the terrorists use Islam as a base for their hatred against the West, until the Muslim community are separated (in terms of language used) from terrorism, this will probably continue, it was only a matter of time before some nutter decided to react against innocent Muslims.

The press need to do much more in this respect, they need to preach the truth instead of filling the front page with a headline grabber.

Maybe they waiting until they actually KNEW what happened...stupid of them ofc, but...

10 hours after the attack?

What were they saying 10 hours after Westminster Bridge?

Another random thought. What would most likely have been the headline 10 hours after a Pakistani Youth drove a car into the congregation as they were leaving Church on Sunday?

Sadly, I am not at all surprised by this attack. The wave of Islamophobia which is currently sweeping the country is very worrying. You Tube is now awash with anti-Islam, anti-Muslim hate channels. The Alt-right movement would appear to be seriously funded! Much of the MSM also has an Islamophobic agenda in the way that it spins and presents stories. People are quite rightly angered and outraged at the recent Wahhabi terror attacks. But their fears and anger are being ruthlessly exploited by those who wish to create further division. Too many now associate the actions of Wahhabi extremists with Muslims/Islam as a whole. The masses are being engineered to hate, blame and scapegoat in a most simplistic, unthinking and reactionary fashion. Worrying times.

I think you need to legislate a lot more carefully than that. The BNP/EDL have a legitimate POV, that immigration should be lowered, and a concern about the amount of Muslims in the UK. I don't agree with them, but they are hardly lunatics unlike the Islamist creeps.

'The clash of civilisations', divisive, anti-Muslim rhetoric emanates from powerful people/interests in the US and their Neocon think-tanks, the media which they influence and the political prostitutes they buy off..

The same powerful people/interests drove the regime change wars in the Middle East that have created the inhuman conditions from within which demonic organisations like ISIS have spawned, backed by their ideological mentors in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

All this shit, the terror, Western and so-called 'Islamic' (it's anything but) the division, the swing to the right... all of it could have been avoided.

It can still be defused, but people must not be scared to pipe up, and must look at the big picture, and who is causing all this hate, and why, and demand that it stops.

The quote was from the BBC at the time. No mention of the word "attack" or "terrorism" or "suspected terrorist". I felt that was inconsistent with what I have seen when Islamists have been responsible for atrocities. I could be wrong as my memory is shot but it was an instinctive reaction.
I suppose once interviewed his motivations will be known. Was there a belief system behind his actions? Was he part of a group? If so, then I guess its Terrorism, if not he's just a nutter. Likewise some of the Islamist attackers have acted more like Terrorists than others. The guy who ran people over on London Bridge acted more like a demented loner. The recent attack in Manchester seemed to be an orchestrated Terrorist attack, with the attacker just returned from Libya, and having strong family links to Libyan Terrorist organistations.

advertisement

Back