1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2013 - part II

Discussion in 'reference' started by oldius, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Lordhenley

Lordhenley pfm Member

It sure does mate, they are both Notttingham Anologue Hyperspace's

2. Lordhenley

Lordhenley pfm Member

I use itunes, the screen that you are seeing is the screen saver.

Ive tried all the usual suspects for playback and still find that itues works the best for me, I prefer a laid back soundstage, the other suspects seemed to push the sound a bit too forward, bit like a Naim sound which is what i dont like

3. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Thanks, I didn't know that existed. Screensaver now changed here at Stunsworth Towers.

4. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

The other may be but mine certainly isn't. Obviously there's not much visual difference between Hyperspace and Dais, then.

5. Lordhenley

Lordhenley pfm Member

Obviously not mate, had me fooled

6. Jack Barriere

Jack Barriere Me, you and them

Cheers from Canada
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Biere is GOOD
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

Hi MVV
    Just wondering what Neat speakers are they
    Thanks

8. redmedicine

redmedicine pfm Member

[​IMG]
    Here's my own modest rig. Clearly we 1) haven't decorated the new house yet and 2) "do you have it in black?"

From the top: Rega P3,
    Liv Zen Vortexbox and Musical Fidelity V-Link,
    Cambridge DacMagic,
    Linn Kollektor,
    Linn LK85,
    Linn LK85.

The LK85s feed bi-amped Keilidhs. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery (finally!) of the cards to take them active.

9. MVV

MVV pfm Member

They are rather wonderful Vito SEs Isobarics with Ultimatum drivers. They were the flagship about 8 years ago. When the Ultimatum series came out they offered the upgraded driver and a mod to the the crossover. I can see why they didn't sell that well 42 cm deep at the base and prefer free space. Bob Sturgeon of Neat uses them in his home system.
    If anyone has the listener review I would love to see it.

Here is another shot without the Quads making the scene so dismal also my homemade slate topped Amadeus stand.(The silver box is an Arkless phono)

www.flickr.com/photos/89777038@N07/8164034838/in/photostream/

www.flickr.com/photos/89777038@N07/8163993421/in/photostream/

10. positive_energy

positive_energy pfm Member

Same as before, Flickr wont display these... says they are private.

11. MVV

MVV pfm Member

I think I've fixed it now.

12. positive_energy

positive_energy pfm Member

MVV: yes, very nice.

13. Jack Barriere

Jack Barriere Me, you and them

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

14. Re-Joyce

Re-Joyce ... Jason H that is.

Those speaker stands are great!

Jason

15. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coupe-sport
    Not much changes since last year apart from the addition of a Metrum Octave NOS DAC fed from my NDX. A very nice DAC.

NDX / TXPS > Metrum Octave > Berning ZH270 > PMC GB1i > AR & Tellurium cables.

[​IMG]

Of all the system pics i've seen between here and the Naim forum, this one still rates as the best integration of hifi kit into the living space. Apart from the speakers, it's almost invisible and even they look like they belong there.

I could live in that room 24/7. :cool:

16. JTC

JTC Saint Alphonso!

I think a lot depends on the layout of the room, and of course the size of the speakers. I agree, that's a very nice integration although I think I'd get a sore neck with the TV way up there. Otherwise, very nice.

17. BlueYeti

BlueYeti pfm Member

Hi Jack - what make are the speaker stands and equipment rack - look great ;)

18. john77

john77 pfm Member

[​IMG]

Old set up, same stuff just set up a diff way now but still in progress :)

19. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

No cure for that.

20. john77

john77 pfm Member

:)

As you can see I needed a lot of isolation as I have nice bouncy wooden floors, now have a wall shelf and better cupboards to house the rest