1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2013 - part II

Discussion in 'reference' started by oldius, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

Wonderfully pretty.

2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

3. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

4. Markus S

Markus S 41 - 29

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You need the "direct" link, yours is for the photostream.

5. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

Thanks!!!

test:

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. overprint

overprint pfm Member

God - I would kill for a listening room like that. My SL2s would fit nicely, giving them real space to breathe in. C'mon Camelot, I'm still waiting ....

7. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

:)This is false sense.. I use wide angle, room is 4 x 4.2m

8. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer pfm Member

And my favorite pictures!

[​IMG]

9. Si74

Si74 pfm Member

10. Kt77

Kt77 pfm Member

11. Si74

Si74 pfm Member

Zi well in the past Oscar, been thru a few arms since then!
    Stogi S, well tempered, Zeta, PU 3,PU 2, Kuma Stogi

12. Kt77

Kt77 pfm Member

And, all great sounding/beat arms at that. Once again - excellent taste.

Be well.
    o_Oh

13. Hoopsontoast

Hoopsontoast pfm Member

Love those RS7's :)

14. mattski

mattski pfm Member

Lovely systems here, the RS7's look fab :)

Here's my little update, all change since the beloved ATCs but not to a bad place. System is now as follows...
    Eximus DP1, Mac Mini, Genelec 8250's (with GLM) + Partington Super Dreadnaughts and Griffin Powermate volume control , music from iTunes via Amarra Symphony, cables are Vovox, Audience, Audioquest Carbon, Chord, Wireworld Stratus and Ethernet! All mains via an Isotek strip - I'm really enjoying this system at the mo. Sorry for the poor iPhone pics.

[​IMG]

15. Tw99

Tw99 source last

I think you've managed to find something with an even lower WAF than the SCM25s there !

16. mattski

mattski pfm Member

:) taller, narrower, not as deep or monsterous looking than the 25s! they do have a kind of industrial appeal to them, so I keep telling myself...

17. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Traitor! ... But remember we of the Church of ATC will forgive those who repent.

18. JTC

JTC Saint Alphonso!

I like the look of the Genelecs but I'm not sure they look right on regular stands. I think they ought to have a huge studio mixing desk underneath them :)

19. mattski

mattski pfm Member

shall I get a room-wide SSL? I'm going to get the stick-like Genelec stands at some point, just none were available and so I ended up with the partington's.

They actually look better with the stands thin-end-toward-the-listener but it's a little procarious as the speaker's isolation plinths are a little bit too wide.

Re: the ATCs, I repent in spirit and shall always love them! (but the Genelec room correction stuff *really* is very good ;) )

20. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

That's some wide angle; not sure my 21mm Olympus (OM) could manage that in a 13 x 13 foot room !