advertisement

System pics 2013 - part II

Your t/t looks quite like this.

Daiswithoutcover005.jpg

It sure does mate, they are both Notttingham Anologue Hyperspace's

Can I ask what digital playback you are using through the mac? I like the album view on the tv but it doesn't look like iTunes? (Bloody nice system btw!).

I use itunes, the screen that you are seeing is the screen saver.

Ive tried all the usual suspects for playback and still find that itues works the best for me, I prefer a laid back soundstage, the other suspects seemed to push the sound a bit too forward, bit like a Naim sound which is what i dont like

BHKFuI2CEAAcMyF.jpg

Here's my own modest rig. Clearly we 1) haven't decorated the new house yet and 2) "do you have it in black?"

From the top: Rega P3,
Liv Zen Vortexbox and Musical Fidelity V-Link,
Cambridge DacMagic,
Linn Kollektor,
Linn LK85,
Linn LK85.

The LK85s feed bi-amped Keilidhs. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery (finally!) of the cards to take them active.

Hi MVV
Just wondering what Neat speakers are they
Thanks
They are rather wonderful Vito SEs Isobarics with Ultimatum drivers. They were the flagship about 8 years ago. When the Ultimatum series came out they offered the upgraded driver and a mod to the the crossover. I can see why they didn't sell that well 42 cm deep at the base and prefer free space. Bob Sturgeon of Neat uses them in his home system.
If anyone has the listener review I would love to see it.

Here is another shot without the Quads making the scene so dismal also my homemade slate topped Amadeus stand.(The silver box is an Arkless phono)

www.flickr.com/photos/89777038@N07/8164034838/in/photostream/

www.flickr.com/photos/89777038@N07/8163993421/in/photostream/

They are rather wonderful Vito SEs Isobarics with Ultimatum drivers. They were the flagship about 8 years ago. When the Ultimatum series came out they offered the upgraded driver and a mod to the the crossover. I can see why they didn't sell that well 42 cm deep at the base and prefer free space. Bob Sturgeon of Neat uses them in his home system.
If anyone has the listener review I would love to see it.

Here is another shot without the Quads making the scene so dismal also my homemade slate topped Amadeus stand.

www.flickr.com/photos/89777038@N07/8164034838/in/photostream/

www.flickr.com/photos/89777038@N07/8163993421/in/photostream/

Same as before, Flickr wont display these... says they are private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe-sport
Not much changes since last year apart from the addition of a Metrum Octave NOS DAC fed from my NDX. A very nice DAC.

NDX / TXPS > Metrum Octave > Berning ZH270 > PMC GB1i > AR & Tellurium cables.

8503719796_4cf4d48748_b.jpg

Wow, you've even got a Focal fireplace!

Of all the system pics i've seen between here and the Naim forum, this one still rates as the best integration of hifi kit into the living space. Apart from the speakers, it's almost invisible and even they look like they belong there.

I could live in that room 24/7. :cool:

I think a lot depends on the layout of the room, and of course the size of the speakers. I agree, that's a very nice integration although I think I'd get a sore neck with the TV way up there. Otherwise, very nice.

advertisement

Back