1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2013 - part II

Discussion in 'reference' started by oldius, Apr 1, 2013.

1. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

MVV I think you need to make your pics publicly viewable. Your link prompted me to login with my Yahoo ac, which I did, but then I only saw my own pics.

2. simonom

simonom pfm Member

Thanks, Arthur.
    As for the blinds, they came with the room, which used to be a kid's bedroom, I believe. So I can't answer with certainty your question. However, there is a small sticker on the Velux window-frame to which they are attached that says: www.Velux.com/shop, and thereafter some tiny images of different blinds are shown, which I suppose means Velux themselves will provide you with starry nights.
    Simon
    P.S. am I correct in thinking my set-up is near-field (I sit 7' away from the sub) and the speakers are, I suppose 4' apart? I'm curious because room size is often mentioned as being determinant for choosing the correct speaker size, but surely what counts is how far you sit from the speakers. My study is quite large, as the photo indicates, but I listen to music in a small section of it only. Would I benefit from larger stand-mounts?
    Still a noob.

3. MVV

MVV pfm Member

4. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Cheers Arthur. Normally it has kid's debris strewn everywhere. Look closely in the mirror in the pic of the whole kit and you'll see it piled up!

5. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

Yep that works.

6. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Infinitely Baffled Member

[​IMG]

Nice rack of vinyl there MVV.

Mr Tibbs

7. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Ta both. Now I know it works I want to post a shot of the Amadeus with custom built table that almost makes it look good. Solid Oak and black slate top the same size as the plinth (£250 built)

www.flickr.com/photos/89777038@N07/8163993421/

8. arthur

arthur Banned

Cheers, ill look up those blinds in a minute.

For what my opinions worth, if you need to sit that close and have a well integrated sub it seems unlikely that bigger stand mounts would add much except possibly boomy effects into and out of the corner.

It looks like an excellent, well powered and fed set up. I'm. A little jealous :)

9. simonom

simonom pfm Member

Thanks, Arthur. Wish I could rustle you up a DIY PSU in acknowledgement.

10. arthur

arthur Banned

:D that would make you a magical being in my world.

11. mark.king

mark.king pfm Member

Would look even better without the strange radiator! :D

12. MVV

MVV pfm Member

I agree, however in action it is in front of the Neats and is proving a little addictive as I've always a bit of a midrange kind of guy. Currently listening to Gram and Emmylou and really get it.

13. oldius

oldius pfm Member

14. Hoopsontoast

Hoopsontoast pfm Member

15. windhoek

windhoek pfm Member

From this:
    [​IMG]

to this:
    [​IMG]

and finally,this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the left Mana column is my AVR, stereo amp and blu ray player. My TT (fwiw, I remove the lid to play records because as you can see, I can't tilt the lid back because the TV is in the way) is on the wall shelf column and beneath that is a mini column for my headphone amp - an SPL Phonitor which I've still to buy.

16. Jack Barriere

Jack Barriere Me, you and them

Digital needs Analogue for support. My new desk I built for next to nothing.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

17. positive_energy

positive_energy pfm Member

Flickr says the photo is private....

18. Jazzyguy

Jazzyguy pfm Member

Just moved in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michell Engineering Gyro SE Turntable
    Origin Live Encounter MK3c Tonearm
    Benz ACE SM Cartridge
    LFD Phonostage
    Exposure 3010 S2 Integrated Amplifier
    Squeezebox Duet Streamer
    Tannoy Prestige Stirling SE Loudspeakers

19. koi

koi pfm Member

Very nice

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Very nice indeed - I've always wondered what it would be like to live in a tidy room.