advertisement

System pics 2013 - part II

MVV I think you need to make your pics publicly viewable. Your link prompted me to login with my Yahoo ac, which I did, but then I only saw my own pics.

All that lot looks splendid.
Where did you get the blinds though? I neeeeeed some of those!

Thanks, Arthur.
As for the blinds, they came with the room, which used to be a kid's bedroom, I believe. So I can't answer with certainty your question. However, there is a small sticker on the Velux window-frame to which they are attached that says: www.Velux.com/shop, and thereafter some tiny images of different blinds are shown, which I suppose means Velux themselves will provide you with starry nights.
Simon
P.S. am I correct in thinking my set-up is near-field (I sit 7' away from the sub) and the speakers are, I suppose 4' apart? I'm curious because room size is often mentioned as being determinant for choosing the correct speaker size, but surely what counts is how far you sit from the speakers. My study is quite large, as the photo indicates, but I listen to music in a small section of it only. Would I benefit from larger stand-mounts?
Still a noob.

8604853723_1be96fb482_z.jpg

Nice rack of vinyl there MVV.

Mr Tibbs

Thanks, Arthur.
As for the blinds, they came with the room, which used to be a kid's bedroom, I believe. So I can't answer with certainty your question. However, there is a small sticker on the Velux window-frame to which they are attached that says: www.Velux.com/shop, and thereafter some tiny images of different blinds are shown, which I suppose means Velux themselves will provide you with starry nights.
Simon
P.S. am I correct in thinking my set-up is near-field (I sit 7' away from the sub) and the speakers are, I suppose 4' apart? I'm curious because room size is often mentioned as being determinant for choosing the correct speaker size, but surely what counts is how far you sit from the speakers. My study is quite large, as the photo indicates, but I listen to music in a small section of it only. Would I benefit from larger stand-mounts?
Still a noob.

Cheers, ill look up those blinds in a minute.

For what my opinions worth, if you need to sit that close and have a well integrated sub it seems unlikely that bigger stand mounts would add much except possibly boomy effects into and out of the corner.

It looks like an excellent, well powered and fed set up. I'm. A little jealous :)

I had a recent "Wammer bake off" and the general consensus was one of overwhelming enthusiasm for the Obs. You can find the comments on the wam in "wammer warming" on the bake off's thread. The guests were most impressed by their ability to be wheeled between rooms and to sound great wherever they were placed and with all styles of music.

They are the single piece of my kit that I am most attached to and you're welcome to come and listen if you're close.

8604853723_1be96fb482_z.jpg

Nice rack of vinyl there MVV.

Mr Tibbs

Would look even better without the strange radiator! :D

I agree, however in action it is in front of the Neats and is proving a little addictive as I've always a bit of a midrange kind of guy. Currently listening to Gram and Emmylou and really get it.

From this:
IMG_0558.jpg

to this:
IMG_0646.jpg

and finally,this:
IMG_0774_zps5b33a042.jpg

IMG_0779_zpsf80d84cc.jpg

On the left Mana column is my AVR, stereo amp and blu ray player. My TT (fwiw, I remove the lid to play records because as you can see, I can't tilt the lid back because the TV is in the way) is on the wall shelf column and beneath that is a mini column for my headphone amp - an SPL Phonitor which I've still to buy.

Just moved in...

1_zpsc36aa397.jpg

2_zpscf9e10d1.jpg

3_zps8ec03477.jpg

5_zpsce963af1.jpg

IMG_1956_zps60b67850.jpg

7_zps670124df.jpg

Michell Engineering Gyro SE Turntable
Origin Live Encounter MK3c Tonearm
Benz ACE SM Cartridge
LFD Phonostage
Exposure 3010 S2 Integrated Amplifier