advertisement

Recapping of Nytech CPA 602

I found Dale RN55s to be magnetic and RN60s to be non-magnetic last time I purchased(prior to 2009). I think RN55s and CMF55 are the same manufacture, but the CMF parts are guaranteed to meet the specs of a particular organization.

If T3 has a collector resistor, why doesn't T7?

David

I found Dale RN55s to be magnetic and RN60s to be non-magnetic last time I purchased(prior to 2009). I think RN55s and CMF55 are the same manufacture, but the CMF parts are guaranteed to meet the specs of a particular organization.

If T3 has a collector resistor, why doesn't T7?

David

The resistor on T3 was replaced by a CCS. All 3k9 resistors connected to GND in the original schematics were replaced by a constant current supply.

Dale Datasheet shows, that RN55 are the military "CMF55" .... if I understand it right.

Update 21.10.2012:

NERO PCB's arrived .......:)

YPNZ8.jpg

Dspzu.jpg

They have the same size :cool: looks only different ....

Assembly will start next week ..........

Design for front panels is also finished:

The Pre Amplifier: PRE 24.4 .....
t504M.jpg

The Power Supply: SP 1 - Super Power 1
m93mX.jpg

The Electronic Crossover: EXO 1
gxDlt.jpg

The Power Amplifier: SA 1 - Stereo Amplifier 1
cGmvN.jpg

In the next two weeks there is a lot to do ......

Regards from Germany

Ingo

And connector rears will be send to production today ....

The Pre Amplifier ....
h8o8B.jpg

... and the Power Supply ....
q7GLv.jpg

... and the electronic Crossover ...
rkZbl.jpg

Here is the PCB for the electronic Crossover
CSb6s.jpg

... and the Power Amplifier for active Mode :rolleyes:
3xvCc.jpg

Regards from Germany

Update ....

It's progressing....

The electronic XOver:
EmS8i.jpg

The PowerAmp:
jRMmz.jpg

tOOJl.jpg

In the next days i will finish the assembly and then it will be tested.

Again an update:

The front of the Power Amplifier ...
TqzDG.jpg

The back side of the Power Amp ...
rSCQX.jpg

The back of the Pre Amp ....
ITAdR.jpg

I'll keep you updated ...

Ingo

Nice. Are you using an ethernet type connection for something?

The ooooooooo is a sound made by me when I make an "oo" sound. It means I am in awe, impressed and similar.

I am amazed that you seem to be making one of these. It appears that your attention to detail and the quality of your work is at production levels. No doubt the cost of production is rather large, but there must be a market of sorts.

Nice. Are you using an ethernet type connection for something?

The ooooooooo is a sound made by me when I make an "oo" sound. It means I am in awe, impressed and similar.

I am amazed that you seem to be making one of these. It appears that your attention to detail and the quality of your work is at production levels. No doubt the cost of production is rather large, but there must be a market of sorts.

Hi Mike,

yes, I'm a Production Engineer and I'm used to produce good quality. But as you followed it just from the beginning, it's just a crazy idea.

But in the design process, supportet by lohk (Klaus from Austria), we followed the motto: As good as possible ...

Maybe it can be seen now.

I'm really nosey about the sound ....

I'll keep you updated. Maybe somebody is interested in my NERO's ....

And yes: Part of the PreAmp will be a relay switch which can be controlled with an iPad. It will be extended later also for the volume control.

Regards from Germany

advertisement

Back