advertisement

Recapping of Nytech CPA 602

Ingo

They might have low enough voltages to use Wima MKS2-5mm pitch polyesters.

Sorry. Clearly C5 is too physically big but you're on top of this anyway. I wrote it over a couple of days and didn't go back to the schematic.

Neil is way more up to date with caps than I am. His suggestions on your preamp thread apply to the amp too.

David

Short update: Both CPA602's working again in active Mode ......

Sounds quite good with two double Mono CPA602's ....

Big improvement ....

Short update: The new Toroids in my 602's are getting very warm .... hot. Any ideas what the root cause could be? The Toroids are: PRIM 230V. SEC 2 X 58V ...

Where I have to look for to find the problem?

Problem solved, the screws which fixed the toroid in the housing was to long. Touched the bottom and the top of the housing. Must be a very stressy magnetic field. Since I've shortend the screw it get better.

Normal temperature as before the change to the new toroids.

After listening now for several hours I can say that this step was a big improvement for the good old Nytech CPA 602's ....

I can summarize that there is now a wonderful3D stage in my listening room. This was even better in the passiv mode without the electronic crossover. The electronic crossover follows this improvement for 50%.

This will now be the next step to improve.

Gentlemen, any suggestions from you how to improve the electronic crossover from the CXA252?

sddzU.jpg

The ideas so far are:

- Setup also a dual rail power supply for the XO
- Use Vishay Dale CMF55 0.1% antimagnetic resistors
- Use WIMA 1% Film Caps instead of the ceramic ones ...
- and what Else?

Maybe there are some opportunities to improve also the circuits....

Regards from Germany

Ingo

I'm active and I use an ESP audio design. These opamp based circuits are the easiest way to implement linkwitz=riley 4th order filters. These are phase neutral (ish) and may be helpful.

try the design out using a CX2310 Behringer active filter.

I'm active and I use an ESP audio design. These opamp based circuits are the easiest way to implement linkwitz=riley 4th order filters. These are phase neutral (ish) and may be helpful.

try the design out using a CX2310 Behringer active filter.

Hi Mike,

A friend of mine wants to setup a 4th order crossover (Linkwitz& Riley) with BurrBrown OP's.

What about to design it in a discrete way? I like Cap's:rolleyes:

Regards from Germany

Ingo

It's progressing ....

tLGnr.jpg

The PSU's are finished.

Tomorrow I get new Toroids for my 602's with 2 x 58V ..... Then I will assemble it ..... and will listen to the difference ;)

Does it make sense to try this Vishay Cap's in the PSU?

http://de.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-elektrolytkondensatoren/1802144/

What will be the benefit? Or should I go with Panasonic ...

http://de.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-elektrolytkondensatoren/0127587/

http://de.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-elektrolytkondensatoren/3397111/

Or what else .....

i only dabble with exotic capacitors.

my esp cross over uses burrbrown op amps. It's small and easy to build and it's performance is excellent. (to my ears). The design uses discrete capacitors and resistors to set the cross over points. The active components could be replaced by discrete components, but the expense and complication would be huge. The design does have opamp buffers which could be replaced by discrete buffers.

I have contacted the designer about power supplies for the op amps. His view is that the op amps have a high power supply noise rejection so super regulators are not necessary.

I use adapters with my behringer Cx2310. This spoils the low cost, but hey...

i only dabble with exotic capacitors.

my esp cross over uses burrbrown op amps. It's small and easy to build and it's performance is excellent. (to my ears). The design uses discrete capacitors and resistors to set the cross over points. The active components could be replaced by discrete components, but the expense and complication would be huge. The design does have opamp buffers which could be replaced by discrete buffers.

I have contacted the designer about power supplies for the op amps. His view is that the op amps have a high power supply noise rejection so super regulators are not necessary.

I use adapters with my behringer Cx2310. This spoils the low cost, but hey...

I think I'll try it when I come back from my Sailing trip next week :);)

Short update: September 24th 2012

Toroids for my 602s Clone arrived from Poland ...

58s3z.jpg

The two small ones are for the 602s in Dual Mono Design ... the big one is for the HiCap Clone.

The two small ones fit perfectly into my new housing.

koe9E.jpg

I'll keep you updated ....

Regards from Germany

Ingo

And this is how the front panel can look like ....

EGfjU.jpg

Maybe red looks even better :cool:

QXSYR.jpg

We are still in the Design Phase ...

Regards from Germany

Ingo

I like the white lettering but would do it a bit smaller. And - sorry to say - I do not like the odd black/grey colours... Why didn't you leave it pitch black like the first case?
It may be very difficult to make but the lettering could be cut out and made with translucent material which glows slightly when the amp is on (either all in acrylic or alu)

I like the white lettering but would do it a bit smaller. And - sorry to say - I do not like the odd black/grey colours... Why didn't you leave it pitch black like the first case?
It may be very difficult to make but the lettering could be cut out and made with translucent material which glows slightly when the amp is on (either all in acrylic or alu)

The grey colour should only visualize a light effect. Finally it will be just black;-)

Ingo,

It all looks quite striking, eye-catching to me. Will you be able to match a preamp fascia to it?

What does the 'L' contribute to the symbology?

David

Ingo,

It all looks quite striking, eye-catching to me. Will you be able to match a preamp fascia to it?

What does the 'L' contribute to the symbology?

David

Hi David,

within this week we will also design the front of the NERO PRE 42.5, which is the PreAmp. It should be on design line ;) There will be also a Power Supply (NERO SP-1), an active XOver (NERO XO-1), a Ph ONO Pre (NERO PP-1) with dedicated Power Supply (NERO PPP).

Actually I don't know what the "L" contributes to the symbology. I have to ask the Designer, but I like it ....:D

Hello Everybody,
it's great to see these things 'grow'. I own a pair of Arc050, too.
My dream is to hear them "Aktiv" so I followed this Thread since beginning.
I hope this project will be succesfull.

(I live in Germany, too. So sorry for "Pupil-English" ;) )

Moritz

Gentlemen,

with the help of Nytecholdie, lohk and myself did a first step to improve the electronic Crossover from Nytech.

Based on the original XO the idea was, to setup a XO with a dual rail supply and following our Policy "As good as possible ..." :cool:

Here are the schematics ....
fv7co.jpg

We added a Voltage regulator for HF and LF each and added some CCS ....

the Boardlayout ....
Wu3oE.jpg

and the Board with Routing ....
U2ONy.jpg

My new housing is a little bit to large for the EXO ...
RVdNf.jpg

The components I will use are:

- The Resistors related to the Voltage supply will be Yagoo's 0.1%
- Resistors in the Signalpath will be Vishay Dale CMF55 0.1% Non Magnetic
- Capacitors in the Voltae Regulators, the best Tantal's I can get ...
Which one should I buy? Any ideas?
- Capacitors in the Signal Path: ELNA Silmic 2 - 10µF 35V
- Film Cap's will be WIMA 1% or Voshay Roederstein 1%

Your ideas and comments are warmly welcome ....

Regards from Germany

Update 15.10.2012 ....

PCB's are in production ......
aOjNV.jpg

For the voltage regulator I will use KEMET Tantal Caps T110/T360 ....

For the signal Path on the XO ELNA Silmic 2 Caps and WIMA 1% Foils ....

Resistors in the Signal Path will be Vishay Dale CMF55 0,1% - Non Magnetic. Any resistors related to the voltage supply will be Yagoo's 0,1%.

Voltage Supply comes from my HiCap-Clone.

advertisement

Back