advertisement

Recapping of Nytech CPA 602

This is a lovely piece of work Ingo. How much of it is the original Nytech I sold you? Anything at all?

Steve,

the CXA252 you sold me is still making wonderfull noise every day in my living room. So, it's still living ....

Together with Nytecholdie we worked out the schematics for the XOver. And then we added some ideas ... e.g. the Voltage regulators for HF and LF for each channel. And the dual rail power supply which will come out of my HiCap-Clone. The ideas I transfered into the schematics for the XOvers for my NERO EXO 1. The result you can see on the pictures. When I finished the HiCap-Clone, which is my NERO SP 1, I will run in the XOver and test it within my existing Nytech equipment.

Nytecholdie has also some ideas to improve the XOver for the CXA252. As a plugin .... as he said.

Thy Nytech CPA602's schematics I used for my NERO SA 1. With some improvements from the ION NEXUS 3.

It's nice to read, that you like my work. Thanks for this :)

Regards to UK

Ingo

NERO SA 1 - RUN IN

STEP 1 ......

Power LED works:

IQvIi.jpg

Toroids and Power PSU works .....

Next step: Solder Power Transistor in and run in Power Amps .....

This is live from NERO RUN IN ..... :p

Update 10:00 p.m. ....

Resistors 16, 17 and 25 burned .......

Maybe BD139 and BD140 are not right soldered .....

Update 11 p.m. ......

We had a ground problem ........

1G4JW.jpg

tVJCr.jpg

Currently we are searching the failure ....... Seem's that we will not find it today .......

We'll continue Tuesday evening together with Pizza & Red Wine.

But I saw the LED working :cool:

I'll keep you updated ......

I know it's a bit late, but some prototype testers use a variac to turn the wick up slowly.

Keep your spirits up.

Update: Tuesday, 9:00 p.m

Ok ...... with fresh spirit started again .....

We'll found one failure: Thumb reduction transistor was soldered in a wrong way which burned some resistors. Then there were also some short cicuits on the bottom side of the PCB ....

Sorry, but It's my first one .....

Qw7Dx.jpg

P.S.: Pizza was excellent ... Red Wine still is excellent ....

Something is wrong ......

igJtS.jpg

Now I know, why I named them NERO .......

Final Update for today evening: VAS seems to be gone ......

Gentlemen,

is this the failure?

wf2h5.jpg

If you follow the Collector for the Power Transistors, then you can see, that Collectors of PNP and NPN are directly connected ......

I need your help .....:(

Thanks for your support .....

Ingo

Update from today: NERO lives again ..... For the first time:cool:

We found the failure .....

mSrkT.jpg

Also with Signals from the signal generator. Top signal is source, bottom the amp ....

Zr7RN.jpg

Also under load with power resistors instead of loudspeakers. Looks good somfar ...
AiuaD.jpg

Regards from Germany

Well done Ingo. Only one hiccup from all that development is remarkable.

I would be interested in what waveforms look like at 20kHz, say to see how output capacitor coupling performs. Also scope is nice, what is it - Rigol?

Well done Ingo. Only one hiccup from all that development is remarkable.

I would be interested in what waveforms look like at 20kHz, say to see how output capacitor coupling performs. Also scope is nice, what is it - Rigol?

Not sure, it's the equipment from my friend who helps me in my crazy project. Is it the daughter company from Tektronics?

It's a 4- Chanel scope ... Brand new.

We will check the waveform at 20khz ....

You can print online everything with the new scope:cool:

advertisement

Back