advertisement

Recapping of Nytech CPA 602

NRWler04

pfm Member
I have now three CPA 602 and I want to recapp two of them. Can somebody give me a tip which cap's I have to use? Is it worth to use really good ones (Mundorf ???) ....

Sure, why not? You have a very nice item there, and by the time you have spent the time recapping you may as well fit nice bits as the difference is modest - other than power supply caps they cost pennies anyway.

There are 12 Cap's for each chanel. I will prepare a list and post it here to discuss which Cap's I should use for the recapping.

# C301 - 102k
# C302 - 50V 22µF
# C303 - 40V 10µF
# C304 - 35V 10µF
# C305 - 35V 100µF
# C306 - 10V 100µF
# C307 - 103x
# C308 - 100P
# C309 - 68k
# C310 - brown/black/yellow/black/red
# C311 - brown/black/yellow/black/red
# C312 - 50V 2200µF

Caps originally from Rubycon ..... Maybe somebody can give me some tips how to replace them all ....

Gentlemen,

I found some cap's in the www to replace the old ones:

# C302 - 50V 22µF to be replaced with 22µF 50V ELNA SILMIC II
# C303 - 40V 10µF to be replaced with 10µF 50V ELNA SILMIC II
# C304 - 35V 10µF to be replaced with 10µF 35V ELNA SILMIC II
# C305 - 35V 100µF to be replaced with 100µF 50V ELNA SILMIC II
# C306 - 10V 100µF to be replaced with 100µF 25V ELNA SILMIC II
# C312 - 50V 2200µF to be replaced with 2200µF 63V ROE EGM Gold Axial

Will this work in my old 602's? Some comments from the experts are welcome ......

Was there a schematic in the pile of papers with the amp I sold you NRW? I had some schematics for something, I know. Great news that you are using the thing anyway, I was tired of seeing it in a box going nowhere. That amplifier has moved house 8 times in 13 years with me without being turned on, I have probably spent as much shipping it as it's worth. These things are meant to be used, not put in boxes, so good work from you.

I have now three CPA 602 and I want to recapp two of them. Can somebody give me a tip which cap's I have to use? Is it worth to use really good ones (Mundorf ???) ....

The output capacitors need to be very good. The problem is 2200 caps (or 10,000) don't come in anything apart from the electrolytic stable. You then have the "do i believe in capacitor quality issues" debate and particularly the cost.

Net audio use BC 10,000 53 volt "audio" caps.

There does appear to be some consensus that go for the highest temperature and highest voltage you can get at the right size/cost.

Again net audio use elna for the mid range electros and wima film caps for the smaller types. This would seem to agree with the elnas you have picked. I like my netaudio upgrades.

I come from the mid experience diy fraternity not having much actual expert knowledge so take everything I say with a large pinch.

interesting stuff, keep the information going! Mike.

Was there a schematic in the pile of papers with the amp I sold you NRW? I had some schematics for something, I know. Great news that you are using the thing anyway, I was tired of seeing it in a box going nowhere. That amplifier has moved house 8 times in 13 years with me without being turned on, I have probably spent as much shipping it as it's worth. These things are meant to be used, not put in boxes, so good work from you.

No Steve, there were no schematics in the pile of paper you sent with. But I you have some a available, it would be great if you send it to me. See also the pics in the Nytech/Ion Thread Where you can see also the Xover.
Regards from Germany

So today evening we tried to bring two CPA's to the same level of caps ... but with no success. The other one was changed in the circuits and the value of the caps and maybe other componets and it's difficult to understand where are the changes done.

So as the schematics are now available, we will prepare new PCB's and place modern electronic components into the existing CPA logic. Also a new PSU will be designed with 4 4700uF 100V caps.

Then also the housings will be refurbished with new badgets:)

Here now the choice for the smaller caps .... not all found so far ....
# C301 - 102k: 1000pF - WIMA FKP2 - 1% - 1000pF 63V
# C302 - 50V 22µF - ELNA SILMIC II 50V 22µF
# C303 - 40V 10µF - ELNA SILMIC II 50V 10µF
# C304 - 35V 10µF - ELNA SILMIC II 50V 10µF
# C305 - 35V 100µF - ELNA SILMIC II 50V 100µF
# C306 - 10V 100µF - ELNA SILMIC II 25V 100µF
# C307 - 103x: 10000pF = 0,01µF - WIMA FKP2 1% 0,01µF 63V
# C308 - 100P: 10pF - Styroflex 100p 2,5%
# C309 - 68k .... so far not clear what it is ....
# C310 - brown/black/yellow/black/red: 16000pF ????
# C311 - brown/black/yellow/black/red
# C312 - 50V 2200µF: ROE Gold 4700µF 63V ...... needs to be replaced with radial Audio caps .... Any suggestions?

why radial caps for the output caps? Can't you use axial with leads? No doubt space is at a premium. The 303 design has off board caps and output transistors and I have never seen any complaints about that topology.

why radial caps for the output caps? Can't you use axial with leads? No doubt space is at a premium. The 303 design has off board caps and output transistors and I have never seen any complaints about that topology.

That's just an idea. If I use new PCB's I'll want to bring it to a level of components, which we would use today ...

See the WIMA Caps .....

But it's difficult to find 4700uF 63V radial caps ....

I suggested the panasonics because Netaudio use them. I've done some searching on the net for information about good capacitors to use or the correct measurements but not succeeded so far.

Perhaps try to ask someone with a heed audio amp to open it up and see what's going on.

I suggested the panasonics because Netaudio use them. I've done some searching on the net for information about good capacitors to use or the correct measurements but not succeeded so far.

Perhaps try to ask someone with a heed audio amp to open it up and see what's going on.

From what I saw in the www, Mundorf and BC are in .....

I asked in several forums for Heed pictures ....

So far, no feedback ....

advertisement

Back