advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes will take them down.

I think you are correct. But the available alternatives don't exactly inspire confidence. Fat Sam might keep them up (he is behaving like a "gun for hire ATM), but doesn't strike me a medium/long term prospect.......

Looks to me like they should be tapping up a young manager and exciting manager from elsewhere (who likes a challenge).....

Moyes not my first choice but we've got to back him.

Sullivan and co. make me laugh when they go on about 'spending significantly' last transfer window though.

would you want to toss a coin? They should poach someone like Chris Hughton from Brighton........

Oi! Leave Chris Hughton out of this. He's doing a fine job at the Amex. Why would he want to o join one of this season's basketcase clubs when the Seagulls are currently second in the PL 'B' league. Same goes for Sean Dyche whose team currently leads that league.

Oi! Leave Chris Hughton out of this. He's doing a fine job at the Amex. Why would he want to o join one of this season's basketcase clubs when the Seagulls are currently second in the PL 'B' league. Same goes for Sean Dyche whose team currently leads that league.

I don't disagree with you. I have a lot of time for Hughton, being a Spurs fan...and he is learning his trade and doing well at Brighton. But money and bright lights turn heads.........

Getting back to the proper stuff I hope my good friend JB has a face resembling a smashed crab tomorrow evening.[/QUOTE]

I suppose a grin like a Cheshire cat would have been nearer the mark.

Jack

Never mind smashed crab or Cheshire cats.........Emenanalo (sp) has resigned.

Yeah I know. It is all over the newspapers, including The Guardian.

Apparently he appointed Conte and has been supporting him, while director Marina Granovskaia has been battling with the manager over recruitment. In other words she hasn't been buying or selling the players Conte wanted.

Emenalo has resigned because he doesn't want to take part in the power struggle.

Conte has said: “I am very sorry to see Michael leave Chelsea, and I would like to thank him for all his help and support since I arrived at this club. I have enjoyed working with him very much, we celebrated a Premier League title together in May, and I wish him the very best for the future.”

It is wise to remember that Chelsea have been through 10 managers since Conte joined Chelsea in 2007. I get the impression that he and Granovskaia aren't Mr and Mrs Nice.

Granovskaia is taking over his duties until a replacement is found. God knows what will happen to the morale of the team. Mind you the played well yesterday and he'd already resigned by then.

Jack

There is a God up there Emenalo has left the Blues at long last. The fans would’ve paid for a cab to take him to the airport.

Maybe now Conte will be able to buy the players he wants.

Regards,

Martin

There is a God up there Emenalo has left the Blues at long last. The fans would’ve paid for a cab to take him to the airport.

Maybe now Conte will be able to buy the players he wants.

Regards,

Martin

My gut feeling is that Marina Granovskaia is the power behind the throne at Chelsea. The exit of Emanalo will only shift even more power into the hands of the Red Queen

Nice to see Loftus-Cheek in the England team tonight. Maybe he'll score, that would be even better.

Chelsea have a wealth of talent and a lot of our players are out on loan. We could probably do with Loftus-Cheek back from Palace next season though.

Up the Krauts ...

Jack

Jack where is your avatar I thought it might be the great JT rogering Wayne Bridge's girlfriend on a loop!

I"ll get an avatar up eventually ... maybe.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek had a great game. No goal, but Chelsea should get him back soon.

Ian Wright, Giggs and the other commentators, said he played really well. In fact some of them think he is better than Bakayoko, although I reckon the latter has been a really good addition to Chelsea.

Let's see what happens with England against Brazil on Tuesday.

Jack

No. I was almost on England's side because Chelsea's Tammy Abraham and Ruben Loftus-Cheek played for them. Drinkwater would have been in the team as well, apart from having an injury.

England will only triumph when a Chelsea player is captain. They haven't got a chance until then. Dier has never won a football trophy, as far as I can see. Only a mug would put him in charge.

Jack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back