advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not normally one for sacking managers BUT it's plainly obvious now that the players no longer can or want to play for Slav anymore.
Not sure if Moyes is the answer but if the board don't make a change soon then WHU will be playing in a half empty stadium in the championship which they won't be getting out of anytime soon.
It's not the first time that the team have been totally embarrassed at home and it's painful to watch.

How many teams in the EPL have started with 6 English players this season? Your team usually allows one. We are presently have the best left back playing in Britain - Liam Tierney, pity we see less and less home grown young talent mature in the UK.

One? Walker, Stones, Delph and Stirling.

Getting back to the proper stuff I hope my good friend JB has a face resembling a smashed crab tomorrow evening.

Morata scored a fantastic header into the top right hand corner of the net from a cross by Dave, as Chelsea throttled Utd 1 - 0.

Meanwhile Lukuntku reminded us why we are glad to be rid of him. He's nearly as bad as Torres.

It has made a huge difference to get Kante back in the team. He frees up iffy defender Fabregas and Bakayoko to go on the attack. Mind you Tiemoue missed a few chances, as did Morata.

We're one point behind Utd and Spurs. The latter were lucky to beat Palace and Wembley looked half empty.

City are playing well and Sane is great, but we'll see what happens in the next month or so.

Jack

Celtic have been no where near competed with the best in Europe for the past few seasons, don't kid yourself

Celtic drew twice with man city last year but you have point if you don't regard city as being up there with the best in Europe! We were not far away from matching PSG last week! Given the disparity in financial muscle it was a very credible performance against one to the top 3 teams in the CL

Celtic drew twice with man city last year but you have point if you don't regard city as being up there with the best in Europe! We were not far away from matching PSG last week! Given the disparity in financial muscle it was a very credible performance against one to the top 3 teams in the CL

Cough, Bayern, cough.

Morata scored a fantastic header into the top right hand corner of the net from a cross by Dave, as Chelsea throttled Utd 1 - 0.

Meanwhile Lukuntku reminded us why we are glad to be rid of him. He's nearly as bad as Torres.

It has made a huge difference to get Kante back in the team. He frees up iffy defender Fabregas and Bakayoko to go on the attack. Mind you Tiemoue missed a few chances, as did Morata.

We're one point behind Utd and Spurs. The latter were lucky to beat Palace and Wembley looked half empty.

City are playing well and Sane is great, but we'll see what happens in the next month or so.

Jack

We (THFC) ground out a result against a team that packed the defence, yes they had a few chances and our GK was up to the challenge. The attendance was just over 65k, far from half empty.

Slaven Bilic sacked with David Moyes talking about the job before the news which is not a good example. Sad to see a London club including my own in trouble but West Ham have allowed some players to play beyond advancing years.

Moyes would be the wrong choice for me, since he hasn't a track record of getting teams out of trouble. The Daily Record in Scotland had the story (before the sacking) that Moyes would be given the rest of the season to prove his worth, and would then get a contract if he had done enough to satisfy the owners. Seems like they aren't really convinced, but he's available and there would be no compensation. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-agrees-west-ham-11474631

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back