advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Spurs for losing to the Arses and going behind Chelsea. You might catch up with us ... next century.

Two goals for Hazard. Shame it wasn't three. Still we won 0 - 4 and Morata got another one in.

Jack

Rangers fans are falling over one another to invite him up to Ibrox. But even if he works for the minimum wage they can't afford him!

I see Pulis has got his wish (contract re-negotiation in Sept - higher pay off within weeks). Hopefully prospective employers will spot the pattern in Mr Pulis's modus or at the very least, have a word with Palace.

Pulis got Palace out of trouble but I have no sympathy for the man, he took an early bonus that he was not entitled too and left Palace in the lurch two days prior to the start of a season.
At WBA he had the likes of Nyam ,Mclean and Craig thug Dawson one of the dirtiest players in the PL and simply by allowing and by definition condoning such players I am pleased to see him sacked.

I have nothing against WBA, many years back we had strong links with them and no doubt most of their fans will share the joy of Palace fans.

Good luck with Megson though!

Unexpectedly enjoyable game at the Amex last night.

Stoke have got some huge lumps in their team.

Ref and the linesman were both crap.

That was a definite penalty though Shawcross should have been sent off earlier for smashing his elbow into Knockaert's face right in front of said linesman (and where we were sitting).

Standard of refereeing is a disgrace, a blatant penalty against Murray, such decisions through out football gets managers sacked.

Standard of refereeing is a disgrace, a blatant penalty against Murray, such decisions through out football gets managers sacked.

Didn't think it was a very good weekend for PL referees - agree with the above re the Brighton game, Arsenal benefited from some generous decisions, both Kompany and Carrol were fortunate not to see Red, Sanchez and Hazard are constantly falling over.
Bring on TMO's as far as i am concerned - games should not be decided by referees.
I'd also like to see the 90mins+ injury time run along the same Rugby lines.

Didn't think it was a very good weekend for PL referees - agree with the above re the Brighton game, Arsenal benefited from some generous decisions, both Kompany and Carrol were fortunate not to see Red, Sanchez and Hazard are constantly falling over.
Bring on TMO's as far as i am concerned - games should not be decided by referees.
I'd also like to see the 90mins+ injury time run along the same Rugby lines.

That's most unfair. Hazard doesn't just fall over. He went down on Saturday because he was badly fouled, as is obvious from even the most biased look at the replay. If Hazard goes down it's because he's had his legs taken away. If Hazard is fouled and he can stay on his feet he will. When he's not being hacked he's being pulled back, but here he'll simply stop and turn to the ref to ask the question, he's certainly not a serial diver as you seem to imply.

I'm not a Sanchez watcher, but I'm not aware of him being a prolific diving either

I am not up to date on the latest stats but Zaha and Hazard usually end up the most fouled players in the Premier league.

Well done Liverpool. Watching Klopp's clots is almost as much fun as Mourinho's mongs.

Chelsea slammed Qarabag 0 - 4. One goal featured five fast attacking passes. It climaxed with Hazard side-footing the ball behind himself to scorer Willian without even looking at the Brazilian.

As Keane put it, when Chelsea are in this form they are world class. Only PSG could give us a problem in The Champions League. They are quite impressive.

Jack

Well done Liverpool. Watching Klopp's clots is almost as much fun as Mourinho's mongs.

Chelsea slammed Qarabag 0 - 4. One goal featured five fast attacking passes. It climaxed with Hazard side-footing the ball behind himself to scorer Willian without even looking at the Brazilian.

As Keane put it, when Chelsea are in this form they are world class. Only PSG could give us a problem in The Champions League. They are quite impressive.

Jack
Did you climax too whilst you was watching it with your lifesize JT doll sat on your lap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back