advertisement

Mains Cables

Steve, you are coming over as arrogant again. I do not crave certainty, in fact I have certainty on my side. The default position is that there is no effect from fancy mains leads, whatever your mate larry tells you, and so I have no need to prove anything, or indeed to 'crave' anything. It is this single point on which you dwell so much that is your undoing. There can be no proof, otherwise there would have been swathes of it by now from those who peddle their wares. That you cannot see this only proves to me your gullibility, and your craving for certainty where it concerns fairies at the bottom of the garden.

I am sure you must think yourself rather clever, but let me assure you there are those who read your comments and laugh. If just one test showed a difference you would be completely vindicated, yet among an industry that must generate millions, and many people who claim to be able to tell the difference there has not been one. Not any. None. Nada. Now, that is certainty for you.

Your repeated attempts to belittle those who disagree with you by suggesting they require some kind of help illustrates your inability to prove your point.

That certainty craving is unshakeable. I derive no need to prove any points. You otoh derive the need; that is your issue. Help is available.

Ha ha ha ha :0) Anyone else see the humour here? ;0)

Yes, it made me smile. I am just distracted by what my wife has just told me she is making me for lunch. A fiery Welsh lamb couscous. Yummy!

That you cannot see this only proves to me your gullibility, and your craving for certainty where it concerns fairies at the bottom of the garden.

I shall leave the quest for the proof of existence or absence of fairies in any part of my garden to those who care for such things.

I suspect that my garden is probably fairy-free. There might be the odd slug or worm though but I am not catastrophising with such thoughts.

It will not work you know steve. Repetition is not going to make an incorrent assumption correct. You really need to work on your people skills and stop assuming anyone who disagrees with you has some kind of mental problem, that is what is called denial, and I am sure you are aware that denial is the precusrsor to many things.

So, in summary, you are in denial and everyone else craves certainty. Now I wonder what an expert (ie not you) would make of that?

Come back with some links, maybe to some well thought out tests that show there could be some kind of effect made by mains leads, can you do that? thanks.

You really need to work on your people skills and stop assuming anyone who disagrees with you has some kind of mental problem

Is this a thread aimed at fixing other people's mental issues or is it one to talk about mains cables? Just to check as I see a lot of personal comments here which seem rather out of context.

It will not work you know steve. Repetition is not going to make an incorrent assumption correct. You really need to work on your people skills and stop assuming anyone who disagrees with you has some kind of mental problem, that is what is called denial, and I am sure you are aware that denial is the precusrsor to many things.

So, in summary, you are in denial and everyone else craves certainty. Now I wonder what an expert (ie not you) would make of that?

Come back with some links, maybe to some well thought out tests that show there could be some kind of effect made by mains leads, can you do that? thanks.

You are not alone in your cravings for sure.

There you go agian! are you completely unable to formulate a rational response?

Denial must be a wonderful thing.

Acceptance is the route to peace my friend. I neither deny nor embrace. I just accept.

Oh, and I don't even particularly rate Larry's cables in my system btw.

Is that supposed to be an answer? Who do you think you are? Confucious? :D

No you must try harder steve, you claim to be able to hear a difference made by a mains lead, despite there being absolutely no scientific proof at all, anywhere. I assume from this that you are saying you have super human hearing, or that your hifi is so much better than everyone elses they are unable to hear it?

Yes, it made me smile. I am just distracted by what my wife has just told me she is making me for lunch. A fiery Welsh lamb couscous. Yummy!
She has a couscoussier? Technique is a bit more complex, but it makes a wonderful difference. Light and fluffy couscous with an aroma you wouldn't believe.

Is that supposed to be an answer? Who do you think you are? Confucious? :D

No you must try harder steve, you claim to be able to hear a difference made by a mains lead, despite there being absolutely no scientific proof at all, anywhere. I assume from this that you are saying you have super human hearing, or that your hifi is so much better than everyone elses they are unable to hear it?

None of those things.

Unfortunately I am unable to say anything that will bring you peace. Someone trained to address your particular needs may be more effective. I regret that I cannot provide you with the answers you desperately need.

She has a couscoussier? Technique is a bit more complex, but it makes a wonderful difference. Light and fluffy couscous with an aroma you wouldn't believe.

Sounds great. Unfortunately we don't have one of those. A fork will have to do, alas!

Oh dear oh dear. steve steve steve. I really think you need to get over this denial. Constantly telling others that need help is getting you nowhere obviously. It may have worked with the children you used to teach (what happened there by the way? no good?) or the captive audience in the back of your taxi who have no choice but to listen the ramblings of a fool, but I am afraid you will have to do better here, much much better in fact. Now, back to mains leads, are you able to show us that there is a difference or not? can you point us in the direction of some thorough tests that prove there is an effect or bnot?

As I have said elsewhere recently I don't talk audio when at work.

Could you explain the relevance of the means to subsistence please?

Or are you just letting off steam?

I Now, back to mains leads, are you able to show us that there is a difference or not? can you point us in the direction of some thorough tests that prove there is an effect or bnot?

There is a 30 day home trial if you are interested. You can test them however you please to your heart's content as long as you don't break them.

Return postage is about a fiver.

You are still requisite of proof. Therapy really is the only answer if the 30-day trial doesn't give you the answers you seek.

merely trying to find out where you are coming from, it certainly isnt obvious behind all your thinly veiled accusations of mental illness. Lets hope you never suffer from it one day btw, though I do think you may have early onset alzheimers... :D (for clarity, that thing on the left is a smiley) Off for lunch tata!

Lets hope you never suffer from it one day btw,

My CBT wasn't for an audio-related craving for certainty but the models can be adapted for individual circumstances.

I certainly don't seek to stigmatise mental illness. On the contrary. I am an ex sufferer.

aquapiranha Steve can I ask you both STOP now. Too personal Ok.
Thanks

Beat me to it. I was just about to suggest aqp and Steve take it somewhere else. Apart from not helping the OP, it's becoming spectacularly unedifying. Somebody said something rude about me early on, which I declined to respond to. Both the above might wish to try that tactic.

advertisement

Back