advertisement

LP12 subchassis - The 'RubiKon' #2

Talking of which - I am, at this minute, going through ALL the CAD files, construction files, instruction files, modification files etc. sorting them out into one definitive current 'master' file - what a PITA!!!

You've got it easy mate! I run Sage and the SOP/POP systems, now that is a PITA, banked our first cheque today though :)

Ah bliss - finished - only took about 20 hours, but all the files are now updated, ordered, neatened up and a few extra documents written.

Right - off to the supermarket now.

The Rega files are almost done (got four more documents to do). Did 11 drawings today :). There are definitely going to be two separate boards - one for the older fit arm (single hole) and one for the newer, three point, style of mount (Rega 1 and Rega 2). I've also done a rather nice mounting washer that will enhance coupling between the arm and the armboard (works for both arms), appropriate stainless steel, countersunk, machine screws will be provided with the three point armboard.

Well, I could have done one board but it would either have involved dealers taking a drill to nicely anodised aluminium armboards (even if pilot holes would have been provided, or a level of compromise I wasn't willing to accept (I could even have done three boards, but that was a step too far).

Ah bliss Callooh, Callay, oh frabjous day! Have finally finished the drawings for the Rega mount options - 11 individual technical drawings and 5 associated documents (not including actually designing it and the CAD files to make it).

Just got back - was worth the 10 hour drive though - had some very constructive conversations and was able to sign of the remaining elements.

Still got a couple of drawings to do to make sure the box/printing and foam liners are just as I want them to be - no big deal, will do them today.

Yep, done the files (not absolutely necessary but it should help speed things up a bit - as usual, it was a slightly bigger job than I anticipated); just need the confirmation email regarding delivery of the packaging now.

I spoke to the manufacturers on Monday and they confirmed a two week delivery. The box manufacturers deadline is the only potential question mark, but I am assured this should be OK.

The RubiKon is now in stock.

Talk to Audio Republic, Cymbiosis or StudioAV about when they expect to have RubiKons on demo and for you to buy, subject to you liking what is does.

advertisement

Back