advertisement

LP12 subchassis - The 'RubiKon' #2

A couple of pics:-

DSC_5928.jpg

DSC_5929.jpg

That arm support doesn't touch the top plate- nice.

You could do with a Okki Nokki though... ;-)

If you had a RCM your stylus would last 2x as long!

I'll bring it round for the bakeoff, people might find a comparison interesting, even on a record they think is clean, but hasn't been cleaned.

That arm support doesn't touch the top plate- nice.

Yep :), I must admit, I'm pleased with the way it has come out.

Imagining the armboard in unpainted brushed finish, matching the top plate ;)

I hear what you are saying :), unfortunately, the armboard and the top-plate still wouldn't match; the linishing is the same but, as the armboard is aluminium and the top-plate is stainless steel, they still wouldn't be quite the same shade of silver.

Now how about a bearing, subplatter, platter, motor, and plinth, for a full-on turntable kit?

Andrew,

Would be nice to hear a bit more music from the Aro'd deck. I'm having difficulty comparing and contrasting with the TD cut, not sure the music lends itself well for comparison purposes, at least for me. I always prefer acoustic instruments and vocals.

How are you adjusting to using the Aro? Look forward to seeing how it all looks with the new plinth.

John

The first batch of 20 have been ruined by the anodiser!

We now have to get another batch made, luckily we have found an anodiser who undertands the level of quality we require.

I am so sorry for the delay, if we were doing this full time things would move quicker but it's just YNWOAN and I!

Andrew.

You do have my sympathy with regard the ruined ones.. it can be hugely frustrating sometimes getting things done by others.

I did say you should hang em off back face threads- but would he listen..... ;-)

The new guys sound on top of things.

advertisement

Back