1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

LP12 subchassis - The 'RubiKon' #2

Discussion in 'trade discussion' started by wylymon, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

I can only see the contents page of the Hificritic article.... would be good to read more...

2. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

You need to buy he mag.

Andrew.

3. John

John pfm Member

What's up with the Audioflat website? Not working over here. :confused:

4. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

Not working here either.

5. bivalve

bivalve pfm Member

OK for me.

6. flatpopely

A glitch!

All sorted.

7. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

I saw the Rubikon just recently when I popped in to Audio Republic. Andrew and Manny really believe in it and I thought it looked like an excellent piece of engineering. Ok, I didn't hear it, but I could appreciate the quality of the craft. The deck they were working on had the Khan top-plate too and the combination just seemed right. Look forward to hearing it at some point.

8. flatpopely

Mr Paul Messenger has written some rather nice things about the RubiKon in the latest edition of HiFi critic, jan-march edition.

I do believe he is smitten!

9. pure sound

pure sound Trade: manufacturer/distributor

Received mine today. Nice write up, well done!

10. flatpopely

Cheers!

11. Markus S

Markus S 41 - 29

Same here. Nice one, Andrew and Mark.

12. flatpopely

13. flatpopely

RubiKon LE in development. (lite edition)

Lower entry cost but can be upgraded to full fat RubiKon!

Details to follow in a few weeks......

14. kg648

kg648 pfm Member

if it is half the price, count me in Andrew. :)

15. flatpopely

It's in that ballpark!

16. kg648

kg648 pfm Member

May you give me a bell once it is ready for sale?

17. flatpopely

Don't worry, we will announce it when it's ready.

Andrew.

18. John

John pfm Member

Sounds like a lower cost arm board is on its way based on your pricing sheet which lists the current arm board at half the cost of the complete Rubikon or the same cost as the sub chassis part. The arm board also makes sense as it wouldn't require as much effort to change out for the dealer. You might find it difficult to find a dealer willing to sacrifice another LP12 to demo the difference between LE and standard version. Time will tell.

19. kg648

kg648 pfm Member

Hows this going, Andrew? not heard anything yet.... can we still be expecting this to be released.

20. flatpopely

We are currently looking for a new manufacturer

The Kore has given us pause for thought too!!!!!!

Luckily we have sold all of our stock bar a RubiKon for ARO (the best one IMHO!)